I'm new...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Koolz

Hey people, just wanted to say thanks for having a forum like this, could come in handy for people like me... who aren't exactly sure...

Anyways my question for the crew is... currently I have a JL 500/1 mono amp powering a Rockford Fosgate HQX 12" sub 1000 watts in a JL HQ Rox Box ported.

It is really loud, I have it in my XTerra, but what can I do to make more of the base??

I have Focal Polyglass speakers in the front, powerd by a phoenix gold titanium 1500 watt. amp, and an Alpine CDA9855. I also have a phoenix gold power cap... it that makes a difference.

Hopefully someone will have a suggestion, I was told either one JL12W6, or 2 - JL12W3's would do the trick, any opinons?

Lots of options. Arent jl's even more in CA, that the US? Gotta be dam pricy. What is a fosgate hqx and a hq round box ported? Are you gonna upgrade the amp or keep it the same?

I think I'll stick with my JL amp for now, my 12" rockford fosgate HQX3000 (not sure the number) is a dual voice coil sub 1000 watts out put. paid 350 cdn for it.

and I will probably get rid of the box as well.

JL12W6 in a box probably 800 here

2 - JL12W3's probably about the same....

treo ssi will spank a W6v2 in output, but cant touch it in SQ. if you have heard the W7' it is more along those lines, coming from one who has had all three of the mentioned.

What I'm looking for is great sound quality, the focals I put in are sure sweet now, I just need to figure out the fine tuning on setting my x-over, and pre-eq. but yeah what I hear is a W7 is the ultimate for sound quality, though I've never heard of treo ssi, is there a site I can check out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Koolz

Koolz
Ontario, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bri487