Im New...so is my Car...BMW 3-Series Set up

Participant count
  • Participant list

yayopwr
10+ year member

New York
whats up? this is my first post. heres my deal i just got a 1992 BMW 318is its my first car with a trunk (my last 3 cars were honda CRXs). so iv got my first car with an actual trunk and i wanted to do put something in it that will set off alarms when i drive down the parking lot... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but the thing is im kinda broke. iv got a JVC CD face and pioneer components all around. i know a little bit about speakers and **** i used to DJ but i want the thing to bump but i also want it to sound good. bass is my key concern cause i finally got a nice car and now i need some pimp factor in it thanks for any advice

dave

pic of my last CRX.... 2 Audio Bahn 12s closed box and a 500w Bazooka Amp

http://www.freewebs.com/yayopwrcrx/backside.jpg

what are u looking for?? and u still have the 2 12s, or those are gone and ur looking for another 2 12s or 10 or 15 and u want SQ or SPL, not to b a jack or anything but need a lil bit of details so u get the responses u want ya know

first of all ur gona get no respect here or any help if ur gona say something like "i want a system to set off alarms and to be heard from blocks away" what do u want a system to set off alarms for, if u wana set off alarms why dont u just go and kick the car?

to anser ur questions audiobahn and bazooka ****. Audiobahn makes loud subs that sound like poo, bazooka just flat out *****.

How much do u want to spend on amp and subs. U also kno that Bimmers trunks are enclosed very tight and its tough to get bass into the cabin. ur gona need sound deadener.

na i know they both **** thats why i sold them with the car.....sorry about the-i want to set off alarms ****...... but i want something with bass but not shitty bass-i deep and powerful i listen to mostly rap and some techno if i gotta get somewhere fast... but yea iv been looking a JL 12w6s V2s...they sounded pretty good in my boys car and there not that expensive i think he had a JL audio 1000W mono amp but ported or not ported? ported gives you that deeper feeling right? correct me if im wrong... but im looking to spend around 250 each on subs as for amps im pretty clueless..... but then whats the point of stuffing tons of subs in your trunk when one or two will do plentyful if the point of a nice stereo system in your car isnt to be heard from outside the car as well???

well i dont think u could get a w6 for 250. If u can that id go for it. But if i was u id go with RE SE's. They can get louder than W6's and sound just as good. what size subs do u want? SE's take 600 watts rms. Any decent amp that will give u the watts u need will be fine.

edit - heres their website. http://www.respl.com

dont expect too much though out of the BMW cuz like i said its not a Subwoofer friendly system.

12s....10s are too tight and i dont wanna look like a weirdo sticking 15s in the back of a 2 dr......port the box right? why not expect much out of a bimmer?! the thing has already surpassed my expectations well from a honda i guess... what kinda bimmer do you have?

12s....10s are too tight and i dont wanna look like a weirdo sticking 15s in the back of a 2 dr......port the box right? why not expect much out of a bimmer?! the thing has already surpassed my expectations well from a honda i guess... what kinda bimmer do you have?
yeah 12's is a good choice, u can port the box if u want. ported will get louder but wont have as much SQ as sealed. Itd be hard to make a ported box big enough for 2 12" SE's. U wouldnt have any trunk left, if that matters. I have a 93' 318i. i say dont expect much from a bimmer when ur putting ur subs in the car because i said before the trunks are enclosed so tightely. Geting the bass into the cabin isnt as easy as other cars. If i was so put my subs in another car they would be quite a bit louder.

alright thanks bro now i need some loot..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif ha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.