I'm looking at Infenity Perfects 12.1....

Participant count
  • Participant list
The Perfects are one of the best Subs out there in my opinion. I tend to like them but I just heard them for the first time about a week and a half ago.

Okay,its hard to explain other than it is the frequency response. You are gonna have to get one of the tech wizards on the boards to explain it to you. They can do it better than me.

That 96db sensitivity rating is misleading, that rating is an in car rating, all other manufacturers use an in lab rating.

So the Infinity's actually have a sensitivity of 84db in comparison with other subs.

HZ response is simply frequency response IE-20hz to 20000hz

In car ratings always tend to be 12db's higher than in lab rating's

this is because of a thing called "cabin gain" it simply means that a sub will sound 12db's louder in your car than in your living room.

What do you expect from your subs? Because I owned a pair of Perfect 12's and although I thought they sounded awsome in the 15hz to 60hz range, I found that they didn't keep up with the 60hz to 100hz range all that well and that their maximum spl was not all that impressive, I also thought they didn't hit all that hard.

A lot of people will tell you that the Infinity perfect 12 is the be all end all of subwoofers, ask them if they have ever heard subs like Eclipse 8712, ID MAX12, Audiomobile MASS12, Beyond Audio X-one 12, Crystal CMP12, These subs put the Perfect's to shame, ABSOLUTE SHAME! in both SQ and SPL.

This is not an opinion, its a cold hard fact.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks I really want my subs to sustaine even he 60 to 100hz sounds...I'll look at some of the subs you listed for me and see how they compair...Thanks for all your help...by the way I think you watch fell under you seat...LOL

Adam Chandler:)

Man get this I couldn't find many of the subs you listed...I only found the Crystal and it does look good...but i have never heard it.. They make one called the CMPX 12 which judging just by the specs looks like it kicks a$$...The only probelm is that the Crystal subs are very very expensive....oh well

Adam Chandler

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.