Im at a loss, id ctx65 wierd noise, help needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

Force-fed

First off hu is jvc kw av61, 2 sa12 subs on db a7 2000.1 amp, just installed id ctx65 front components and a usa2100 amp. Power is on the driver side, rca/speaker on the passenger side. I ran rca's from hu front out to amp, left channel +/- from amp to "in" +/- on crossover, then woofer out and tweeter out, and so on for both sides. When i turn the car on, there is a loud high pitch squeel from the front components, no music. Volume all the way down or up doesnt change the volume of the squeel. Key on engine off, still squeel. Switched the rca's with sub rca's (which work on the sub)still squeel. I borrowed a buddys amp which works, hooked it up, still squeel. Bypassed the crossover and just ran active to the id front woofers, still squeel. Thought the ground might not be good, hooked the ground to jumper cables, ran right the batt -, still squeel. Ran the whole set up and hooked up my sub speakers to the component amp, to eliminate the hu and amp from being the problem, sub plays fine, NO SQUEEL. So i think im down to the wiring from the amp to the components, and the brand new id's themselves to being the problem. Speaker wire is brand new knu konceptz wire, and i cant believe the brand new image dynamics comps would be bad? Am i missing something? Any help, ideas appreciated, thanks... Loosing my mind

I dont, i was going to go buy a cheap set of speakers to hook up inplace of the id's just to rule those out or see if they are infact the problem, other than that i cant think of anything else

Disconnected the drivers side channel and just ran the passenger and it worked, did a little investigating and it turns out there is a big fuse block on the drivers side under dash where i ran my wire, it must have interfered and ran the crazy signal noise over to the passenger side too. Its right where the wire has to go through the door though, any ideas on how to insulate that wire enough? Thanks

Well it wasnt an interference issue at all, move wires away from power block, still popped. Disconnected woofer, ran tweeter through, crossover, works fine. Ran a diff speaker on woofer wire, works, hook up id woofer, just pops as soon as amp turns on. How did i end up with 1 bad sub right out of the box... Now to call up image dynamics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.