Illusion Audio

I would say your best bet is to e-mail them and see if they are even still in business.

About 3 years ago they went under. Then about a year or so later someone was supposedly starting them up again and brought the website back on line. Last time I heard anything about them (which was about a year and a half ago), they supposedly had their inventory in Germany or somewhere and it was all lost in a flood.

Though FWIW their speakers were supposed to be good, but nothing magical. IMO for the price of the speakers (well, what was their MSRP not the $60 ebay prices the Luccent series are going for) there would be better options on the market for an active setup unless you were severely constrained to shallow mounting depths.

For curiosity sake I did a WHOIS search to see who owns the Illusion website.

It's apparently owned by Peerless Acoustics Ltd in India (not the same as the Tymphany owned Peerless). I believe this Peerless is the company who began building the original Illusion drivers after they moved their manufacturing from Arizona to India.

http://www.peerlessaudio.com/

It's apparently owned by Peerless Acoustics Ltd in India (not the same as the Tymphany owned Peerless). I believe this Peerless the company who began building the original Illusion drivers after they moved their manufacturing from Arizona to India.

first, what in the world is "WHOIS".

second. what do u think they're build quality is going to be now that they are in india?

It's apparently owned by Peerless Acoustics Ltd in India (not the same as the Tymphany owned Peerless). I believe this Peerless is the company who began building the original Illusion drivers after they moved their manufacturing from Arizona to India.

Good sleuthing!

Looks like you're right, this .pdf for the ND-12 is on their website-

http://www.peerlessaudio.com/newpdfs/Illusion%20ND-12.pdf

first, what in the world is "WHOIS".
Google it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

second. what do u think they're build quality is going to be now that they are in india?
It's not "going" to be moved.

It "was" moved back when the original Illusion was up and kicking. Many people attribute the fall of the company to the change in manufacturing from Arizona to India. Back when Illusion drivers weren't as scarce on the forums, you'd frequently see the drivers on ebay or the classifieds specifically listed as "Arizona built drivers" if that was their birthplace, as some people would only buy the Arizona manufactured drivers (plus they would use it as a selling point, signifying it was of better build quality than the India built drivers). Many felt the quality went down, others say they've had them both side by side and couldn't tell a lick of difference.

Like I said; I don't believe they're being produced anymore. I believe Peerless (India) tried unsuccessfully to rebirth the company.

yeah tried emailing and nothing yet. I guess i'll have to see how to the lm-6 works. I like the shallow design and want to see how it could work. Guess its the fun in trying new things out.

I have a set of the 8" Illusion drives in the basement...not in the box, but brand new.... Something for the collection.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.