I'll never use Knukonceptz again!!

stop pulling a @massivespl i.e. nate i.e. @Loud4Life i.e. @Loudz (current alias)

never using a company again because a cable failed and they offered to warranty it even out of warranty right at the end is just stupid. you really wonder why so many people think you're an idiot?

the only reason they hit you up after you left negative feedback is because they'd rather take the loss of $20 and time then get negative feedback from some jackass who cant follow the procedure for returning a cable. quit making a fool out of yourself and leave permanently rather than 2 weeks

[quote name='wew lad']stop pulling a @massivespl i.e. nate i.e. @Loud4Life i.e. @Loudz (current alias)

never using a company again because a cable failed and they offered to warranty it even out of warranty right at the end is just stupid. you really wonder why so many people think you're an idiot?

the only reason they hit you up after you left negative feedback is because they'd rather take the loss of $20 and time then get negative feedback from some jackass who cant follow the procedure for returning a cable. quit making a fool out of yourself and leave permanently rather than 2 weeks[/QUOTE]

You would think when someone calls someone an idiot online, they would at least use basic grammar and sentence structure to do so. Or is that too much to ask from someone as bright as yourself?

All name calling aside, I spent almost $300 with Knu, and yes i expected them to stand behind their product. Apparently I was wrong. Maybe had I spent $400 or maybe $1000, I would have been treated better. According to your way of thinking, a customer is an "idiot" when they expect a defective part to be replaced with no questions asked.

Oh and I have no idea what your referring to when you said, "leave permanently rather than 2 weeks"

You would think when someone calls someone an idiot online, they would at least use basic grammar and sentence structure to do so. Or is that too much to ask from someone as bright as yourself?
All name calling aside, I spent almost $300 with Knu, and yes i expected them to stand behind their product. Apparently I was wrong. Maybe had I spent $400 or maybe $1000, I would have been treated better. According to your way of thinking, a customer is an "idiot" when they expect a defective part to be replaced with no questions asked.

Oh and I have no idea what your referring to when you said, "leave permanently rather than 2 weeks"
lol if you think this is a lack of grammar on forums then you seriously only come on here to complain and attempt to justify being an asshole. you made broad exaggerations and we called you on it, go cry.

who gives two fucks how much you spent?! Whether I spend $10 on wire, or $800 on a sub, i get the same respect because guess what, DOESNT MATTER (unless you're literally paying someone to be nice LOL)

look this little piece of gold

According to your way of thinking, a customer is an "idiot" when they expect a defective part to be replaced with no questions asked.
they offered to replace it, they want to see that its defective first. NOTHING wrong with that. Send it in and get it proven defective, then they send a new one. woah no big deal it was fixed!! you make stupid exaggerations like they were unprofessional and disrespectful saying "you're f'ed deal with it" (paraphrasing) when that DID NOT happen

Apparently I was wrong.
good job you finally admitted it

so why the fuck are you arguing with people who werent involved with it and instead just agreeing you were wrong and moving on? how many hours of your time are worth $20?

lol if you think this is a lack of grammar on forums then you seriously only come on here to complain and attempt to justify being an asshole. you made broad exaggerations and we called you on it, go cry.
who gives two fucks how much you spent?! Whether I spend $10 on wire, or $800 on a sub, i get the same respect because guess what, DOESNT MATTER (unless you're literally paying someone to be nice LOL)

look this little piece of gold

they offered to replace it, they want to see that its defective first. NOTHING wrong with that. Send it in and get it proven defective, then they send a new one. woah no big deal it was fixed!! you make stupid exaggerations like they were unprofessional and disrespectful saying "you're f'ed deal with it" (paraphrasing) when that DID NOT happen

good job you finally admitted it

so why the fuck are you arguing with people who werent involved with it and instead just agreeing you were wrong and moving on? how many hours of your time are worth $20?
Hey look man, I didn't know you were a keyboard warrior. I mean I should have known when you called me an idiot, but I'm sorry. I'll move on. Don't want any problems here.

Please show me where I made "broad exaggerations".

And seriously man, when you want to be a tough guy on the Internet, it really helps when you know how to type correct sentences I can't understand half the **** you said. I think that's keyboard warrior 101. You can call me an ******* for pointing it out, I'll except that....but it doesn't change the fact that I can't understand what your trying to say. LOL. (But no seriously)

[quote name='Schnitzel']I had zero problems for 4 months. (Clearly it wasn't a bad install, or I would have had a problem from day 1) The installer ran multiple cables, and only 1 has a problem.(bad apple). I had the installer check it out because I wasn't positive it was a bad RCA. It could have been 10 other things that caused a speaker to cut out.

I couldn't care less who you do business with. This thread was just to share MY experience, it wasn't to hear your opinion on the matter. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I don't think you realize that this is a car audio forum....and all opinions neg and pos are involved lol

That said, ANYTHING could have happened in between after installed audio up until now. That's just how things go sometimes. Even if an install was done right the 1st time.

Oh and @knukonceptz, just got my 4 gauge amp kit. Very nice and fast shipping too. Ordered it on Friday, got it Monday.

I had my stereo installed by a professional installer. The amp is mounted under my back seat. There is no damage to the cables, there is nothing rubbing against the cables. I never touch my amp or wires. Never pull my amp out. I never unplug my rcas. Up until the time my speaker stopped working, I hadn't even looked at my amp or wiring.

I know exactly which rca is bad. If I pull on the 3 other RCAs, they are tight near where the wire connect to the metal end. Tne 4th wire is loose. Clearly after a few months, the connection inside the rca came loose. That is the definition of a defective cable if you ask me.
Professional installer doesnt mean squat. Second it was over a year. Things happen in a year period. If an item is in your possession for 1 year before it breaks it clearly wasnt a defect, end of discussion.

Cable worked fine

Cable broke

"Schnitzel" wanted a new product

Knu made a reasonable offer. THAT IS STANDARD WARRANTY PROCEDURE for most companies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

"Schnitzel" refuses their reasonable offer and cries about $20 on the forum

Companies have this standard procedure for a reason.

1. By sending in the broken product you prove that you have the product and it is broken. Otherwise, anybody could say their cable broke and ask for another one even if their cable wasn't broken. It would be easy to make false warranty claims and keep getting cables (or whatever the product is)

2. Return shipping costs the buyer a bit of money and is often times a hassle. This is another deterrent of false warranty claims. If you know you'll have to ship a 50 pound sub back to the manufacturer for a warranty replacement, you're less likely to abuse it and expose the sub to user error. If you didn't have to ship things back with your own money before receiving a replacement, people would play their systems way into clipping and just be like "oh well, I'll get some more" when stuff smokes.

3. The manufacturer can inspect the product and see what went wrong, in order to better engineer future products. Say a solder joint went bad or the cable tore because there wasn't enough support at the end of the plug. Knu would see that it was a problem in real-world applications and fix the design with the next series of cables they made.

4. The product might be of some value to the company if they refurbish it and sell the product again. If you didn't send them the product before they sent the replacement, you could just keep the broken one and they would miss out on money they could have made back on the deal

Yes, you're an idiot.

/thread

^^Couldn't have said it better myself.

OP cried and bitched about a 20 dollar item rather than taking their offer and replacing it. OP would rather bash a well respected company than taking responsibility and replacing a simple 20 dollar item.

Hell we've lost $$ along the way somewhere/somehow. I myself lost 300 bucks at one point. There's nothing I can do. 20 bucks is nothing.

I don't get involved with threads where people clearly don't understand business concepts but I wanted anyone that finds this thread to know that in my dealings with Knu that I have received top notch customer service with every purchase that I have made with them. I have received defective parts from them and immediately they sent out the parts needed. I am stationed overseas and they unlike many companies won't hesitate to take care of me. (many thanks guys!)

I can understand the need to send back an RCA claimed to be defective prior to new parts being sent to ensure that you did not damage the part or your installer didn't damage the part (not covered under warrantee). It would be amazingly easy for someone to claim the part did not work, Knu send out a new one when the customer realized they needed a 4 channel set instead of a simple stereo pair as ordered and never send back the original(that was working). The shipping costs them money, parts lost costs money.

Bottom line, Thank you Knu, Love your products and many thanks for your continued support to the guys stationed overseas!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Schnitzel

10+ year member
Schnitzel
Corona CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views