I'll never use Knukonceptz again!!

Really standard policy regardless of manufacturer.

If you ask any vendor how their return policy works before you buy their product , you will find this same policy in place. So how will you buy any products moving forward since this policy does not agree with you ?

Never had any problems with cables or rca's from Knu, but that really makes me not want to purchase from Knu again. You have to take care of your customers after the fact, not inconvenience them for weeks at a time, especially when your product is defective.
If it worked fine for months (read 1+ year), it clearly wasnt defective. If it was defective it wouldnt have worked at all. The OP clearly did something to screw up the RCA cable.

Listened to a faulty system, front speaker working then not working, for months before meeting with his installer who determines it is a bad RCA cable....complains to Knu saying he is not going to wait weeks/months for a replacement cable...all for $20.00??? WTF

So did the "installer" replace the RCA cable??? If not why not??? $20.00??? Really??? The installer should have replaced the cable then send the cable to Knu or if the OP bought the cable himself, give it to him and he sends it back to Knu for review and refund...he then has a properly functioning system and if the RCA cable has failed...not sure if this is true or if the connection loosened and failed, which is a possibility, gets a refund.

Considering the cost of the cable, the cost of shipping it both ways, the aggravation and time, spending $20.00 is a pittance...

I wonder if the connector somehow loosened...vehicle vibration, not securely attached, etc. is the root of the problem? Seems more likely than a failed cable...

Funny part is having an installer replace as simple as an RCA cable which you could have done yourself.....even a monkey can.

A 4 month span is a long way down the road. Anything in that time frame could have happened. That's the way electronics are, connections, RCA's cables, etc. Electronics are very finicky. Whining over not having a stereo for a week or two is nothing. I'm willing to bet a few of us maybe more that were in the middle of builds with absolutely no stereo and bass at all. Try going w/o bass for a year or two. Then come back whining about that. But for a simple pair of 20 dollar RCA's.....that's child's play.

I have to back up Knu. I've boughten plenty of power/ground wire in the past and even run their RCA's w/o any issues whatsoever. I'm a longtime loyal customer that will keep going back to them. As long as they stick around of course //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It ***** but from a business stand point they can't just send out a new product without first receiving the old. Sounds like they were willing to work with him but he had a pressing schedule so it didn't work out. What company could you order a new sub or amp from right now and say, "It doesn't work send me a new one. Once I get the new one I'll send the other back I promise!"
I've dealt with numerous companies over the years, and I have had numerous companies send me replacement parts under warranty. Typically they take a credit card number and tell you you have X amount of days to return the defective item or your card is charged.

I didn't make this up, I assumed this is how most companies work.

bashing a company and trying to make them look bad over a $20 cable is hogshit. OP **** it up and spend the $20 and get a new cable from them and get refunded when they receive the bad cable. piddle **** to complain about here.
Come on man, I spent $285 on cables for my stereo. I would throw $20 in the trash. It's not the money, it's the fact that I bought what I thought was a quality product, only to have it not work correctly. If I would have known that was their standard warranty policy, I would have driven down the street and gotten my wires from Best Buy or a local shop.

How could online stores compete with brick and mortar stores if every online retailer made you send back your defective item first. Nobody would buy online, it's too much of a hassle.

Glad knu cleared things up. Always 2 sides to a story. OP looks like a moron now lol
I look like a moron because why? They never once told me to buy a new cable and they would refund me when I sent my defective cable back. This is all I was offered.

Not until I posted this thread did knu offer to refund me if I were to purchase a new cable. That's shady if you ask me.

I left a negative review, and they quickly find a solution. When I emailed them for weeks asking for another solution, crickets.

Reported for ae of banned member.
Op-its absolutely rediculous to think they would send you a new cable before old is returned. If youre the customer they lost for life.. Theyll be ok.
Like I said earlier in this post ^. How would online retailers compete with brick and mortar stores if that was a commons policy. I have dealt with numerous companies and they always work to find a solution.

Really standard policy regardless of manufacturer.

If you ask any vendor how their return policy works before you buy their product , you will find this same policy in place. So how will you buy any products moving forward since this policy does not agree with you ?
If it worked fine for months (read 1+ year), it clearly wasnt defective. If it was defective it wouldnt have worked at all. The OP clearly did something to screw up the RCA cable.
I had my stereo installed by a professional installer. The amp is mounted under my back seat. There is no damage to the cables, there is nothing rubbing against the cables. I never touch my amp or wires. Never pull my amp out. I never unplug my rcas. Up until the time my speaker stopped working, I hadn't even looked at my amp or wiring.

I know exactly which rca is bad. If I pull on the 3 other RCAs, they are tight near where the wire connect to the metal end. Tne 4th wire is loose. Clearly after a few months, the connection inside the rca came loose. That is the definition of a defective cable if you ask me.

Hi Nick,
I reviewed the emails from our customer service rep, as you explained you had an issue with your RCA cable after you had used it for four months and that the issue arose after the 12 month warranty of the cable had passed. Our rep offered you a return authorization, no questions asked. Yes, you have to return the cable first for the exchange, just like you would with any other manufacture. You stated "So you want me to ship you my RCAs first? Then how do I listen to my stereo? This is my daily driver, i use the stereo everyday." In this case, you are welcome to purchase a new cable in advance, which we would refund you for after the return of the defect. This way you can arrange a set time with your installer to do the swap at your convenience.

At no time did our rep tell you tough ****. He tried to explain the situation on how returns are processed. We are unable to send open ended return tags, not knowing if and when the item will be returned. Our rep stated "You are welcome to send in your defective cable for warranty replacement at your earliest convenience". This is why we are unable to offer an infinite time line for a return tag on a defective item but always replace an item if an issue arises even if the item is close to out of our original warranty, which your item technically was. All this transpired back in April 2016. If you have an issue, report it immediately so we can assist you, not 8 months later. If we ship out a cable to you, would it take 8 months to get it back? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The RMA is still open, if you wish to return the cable for a replacement, you can.

This to me is "tough ****". You were not willing to come up with a solution that would work for both of us. It's your way or "tough ****".

Had you guys offered to give me a refund, after I purchased a new cable, that might have worked. Not once did you guys offer me that. "An RMA for an exchange is all we can offer", those were your exact words.

It wasn't until you posted on this thread that I heard of it. Your customers shouldnt need to post bad reviews to get an issue taken care of.

Also the date I purchased the cables was 4/3/2015. I didn't receive them for another few days. So does your warranty start the day you place an order? Because my first email was 4/6/2016. So 3 days after I placed the online order, but still under a year of when I actually received the wires. You saying technically my wires were out of warranty seems incorrect to me. I assumed your warranty would start once I received my wires. Or am I wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Listened to a faulty system, front speaker working then not working, for months before meeting with his installer who determines it is a bad RCA cable....complains to Knu saying he is not going to wait weeks/months for a replacement cable...all for $20.00??? WTF
So did the "installer" replace the RCA cable??? If not why not??? $20.00??? Really??? The installer should have replaced the cable then send the cable to Knu or if the OP bought the cable himself, give it to him and he sends it back to Knu for review and refund...he then has a properly functioning system and if the RCA cable has failed...not sure if this is true or if the connection loosened and failed, which is a possibility, gets a refund.

Considering the cost of the cable, the cost of shipping it both ways, the aggravation and time, spending $20.00 is a pittance...

I wonder if the connector somehow loosened...vehicle vibration, not securely attached, etc. is the root of the problem? Seems more likely than a failed cable...
Like I said earlier in this thread, the defective rca is loose near the connector. I can wiggle it, and the speaker turns on and off. The other 3 RCAs are tight near the connector, and have no play in the them. It's clearly a defective rca. I don't move my wires. I don't take my amp in and out. Up until the time when I realized it was a bad rca, I had never even touched my amps or cables.

Here's my original order

And I'm not trying to get into a huge debate with everyone on this topic. I just responded so everyone could hear my side of what happened. I understand $20 isn't a lot of money, and this seems like a big deal for something so small. But it bothers me when a company doesn't take care of a defective product. And if I didn't make this clear in my original post, I am super happy with all my other Knu wires. Great quality products. I understand every now and then a bad apple pops up, it's understandable. I would just expect a company to find some way to take care of a customer when it's clearly a defective item. Sorry if I ruffled people's feathers. Wasn't my intention. I bet if this had happened to some of you that posted negative comments, you would be just as irritated as I am. Regardless of the cost.

Why didn't the professional installer just replace the cable and deal with the warranty? Did you buy the parts yourself online then bring it to an installer? If so then you have to deal with it.

Rather than dealing with all this agony I'd have replaced the cable...as you say you could wiggle it to cause it to fail...ok one failed cable, it happens...with even a cheap one and send to faulty one back...

I've had similar problems over the years and often the online retailer has told me to toss the part and a new one was on the way...

Too bad you had a problem with Knu... I've never used them...I can see them wanting the cable back in order to identify the problem with the cable...to assure it is a one off problem or a "batch" issue which will bite them in the a ss down the road...They should have just sent you a cable at no cost with a self addressed mailer if they wanted the cable back...easy peasy and a good relationship...

So how do you know the cable wasn't messed up during install? That is the ONLY time I have seen a defective cable. Sounds like Knu broke their policy because you threw a fit.... probably over a bad install. As mentioned before if you had an installer check it out, why not just have it replaced then?

If anything this thread makes me more likely to buy from them.

So how do you know the cable wasn't messed up during install? That is the ONLY time I have seen a defective cable. Sounds like Knu broke their policy because you threw a fit.... probably over a bad install. As mentioned before if you had an installer check it out, why not just have it replaced then?
If anything this thread makes me more likely to buy from them.
I had zero problems for 4 months. (Clearly it wasn't a bad install, or I would have had a problem from day 1) The installer ran multiple cables, and only 1 has a problem.(bad apple). I had the installer check it out because I wasn't positive it was a bad RCA. It could have been 10 other things that caused a speaker to cut out.

I couldn't care less who you do business with. This thread was just to share MY experience, it wasn't to hear your opinion on the matter. Thanks

Why didn't the professional installer just replace the cable and deal with the warranty? Did you buy the parts yourself online then bring it to an installer? If so then you have to deal with it. Rather than dealing with all this agony I'd have replaced the cable...as you say you could wiggle it to cause it to fail...ok one failed cable, it happens...with even a cheap one and send to faulty one back...

I've had similar problems over the years and often the online retailer has told me to toss the part and a new one was on the way...

Too bad you had a problem with Knu... I've never used them...I can see them wanting the cable back in order to identify the problem with the cable...to assure it is a one off problem or a "batch" issue which will bite them in the a ss down the road...They should have just sent you a cable at no cost with a self addressed mailer if they wanted the cable back...easy peasy and a good relationship...
Exactly what I had expected from them. When I've gotten defective equipment from other online retailers, that is typically how it's handled. (Especially over a $20 part). I don't understand all these people posting that it's normal practice for a company to expect you to ship a defective part back, and wait weeks for a replacement to be sent back. Yes I'm sure that's policy for some companies, but most will go out of their way to fix a defective part and make sure the customer is taken care of.

I purchased all the equipment, cables etc. it wasn't the installers fault or responsibility to deal with it. It was def on me.

So I am still confused why you waited 8 months?

And Knu is a DIY brand. Why wouldn't you support the product of your local shop? This issue would have been easily fixed.

So I am still confused why you waited 8 months?
And Knu is a DIY brand. Why wouldn't you support the product of your local shop? This issue would have been easily fixed.
I own my own business, and dealing with my trucks stereo is lowwww on the priority totem pole. That's why I purchased everything online, I wanted the system to be one and done. I thought I was buying high quality parts. Most of my local shops carry Alpine, pioneer, Sony, kicker. That's what they consider high end. If I had a shop that carried sundown and Knu, I would have supported them. Trust me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Schnitzel

10+ year member
Schnitzel
Corona CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views