Ignition power wire

yea bad news the can bus b + is not it. its always @ 4v with car on or off.

But i have a queston.

For my headunit install can i put the red ign power wire to the batt and then put the yellow power wire on a toggle switch to the batt.

Will my red Ign wire draw power wile the cars off? Im asking cuz i hate that when i turn off my car all my headunit audio settings are lost and i want to know how to go around this.

cliffs

Will Red IGN wire draw power and kill batts wile car is off?

Will keeping the red IGN wire on keep all my setting?

yea bad news the can bus b + is not it. its always @ 4v with car on or off. But i have a queston.

For my headunit install can i put the red ign power wire to the batt and then put the yellow power wire on a toggle switch to the batt.

Will my red Ign wire draw power wile the cars off? Im asking cuz i hate that when i turn off my car all my headunit audio settings are lost and i want to know how to go around this.

cliffs

Will Red IGN wire draw power and kill batts wile car is off?

Will keeping the red IGN wire on keep all my setting?
You are backwards. If you put your yellow to batt and red to toggle switch you will keep all of your settings.

ok since this was never figured out your vehicle has CAN bus. canbus is used for most of the electronics in your car that is why there is no switched source behind the radio. The smart thing to do would be to purchase the canbus harness which will provide you with a switched source behind the radio. Or you can go to the ignition harness and grab it at the pink/white wire and use that to drive a relay as that i believe is fused at 5a.

Metra XSVI-6522 is the harness that is made for the car that creates an acc. wire like GM cars since there is no acc at the radio

Accessory: red/lt. green - instrument panel power outlet

Metra XSVI-6522 is the harness that is made for the car that creates an acc. wire like GM cars since there is no acc at the radioAccessory: red/lt. green - instrument panel power outlet
That harness only works if your car has no stock amplifier, just a little fyi.

As for a switched power source, there is always an accessory wire in your ignition harness along with a constant. Thats where I would tap the radio into if I were you. Just be sure to fuse each wire with like a 3amp.

That harness only works if your car has no stock amplifier, just a little fyi.
As for a switched power source, there is always an accessory wire in your ignition harness along with a constant. Thats where I would tap the radio into if I were you. Just be sure to fuse each wire with like a 3amp.
If its amped they make CHTO-3 makes acc. and integrates factory amp.

12 Volts

red (40A), red/orange (40A) :fuse box, top plug, pins 32 and 39

Second 12 Volts

red (30A), red (30A) :fuse box, top plug, pins 4 and 9

Starter

yellow/gray (not for remote start) :

starter or starter relay in Power Distribution Center

Ignition

pink/white (not for remote start) :Wireless Ignition Node, 12 pin plug, pin 3

Accessory

red/lt. green (not for remote start) :instrument panel power outlet

They have a crazy wiring system

12 Volts

Second 12 Volts

Starter

Ignition

Accessory

this is exactly why i said use that to trigger a relay

12 Volts

Second 12 Volts

Starter

Ignition

Accessory

I cant use that for my ign wire for my radio? btw where are theses, cuz i have 3 different fuse boxs. 2 are under the hud, 1 under the steering wheel

ok since this was never figured out your vehicle has CAN bus. canbus is used for most of the electronics in your car that is why there is no switched source behind the radio. The smart thing to do would be to purchase the canbus harness which will provide you with a switched source behind the radio. Or you can go to the ignition harness and grab it at the pink/white wire and use that to drive a relay as that i believe is fused at 5a.

yeah i gess i have to get that

I cant use that for my ign wire for my radio? btw where are theses, cuz i have 3 different fuse boxs. 2 are under the hud, 1 under the steering wheel
the ign. node is part of the key switch. Have you tested all your cig. plugs usually dodge/jeep/Chrysler will have one that is a acc.

the ign. node is part of the key switch. Have you tested all your cig. plugs usually dodge/jeep/Chrysler will have one that is a acc.
there all on with car off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

there all on with car off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Thats strange. On my 05 GC there are two cig plugs in the dash. The left one turns off with the ign, the right one stays on.

lol, if you are still trying to figure this out.. get under the dash with a test light like this.. http://www.2carpros.com/dia/images/test_light.jpg

and start touching it to the fuses under the dash once you find one that is hot with the key on and not when it isnt tap into that... btw what is the make and model, i will try and find a wiring diagram and just show you...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.