Ignition power wire

MasterOfAllBass
10+ year member

Team Minnesota's Loudest
Minnesota
Ok people i need your help finding my "ignition power wire" In my 08 jeep GC! Anywhere easy to find or in dash. I need this for many things. Like my Headunit and my altys external volt reg. Plz help me out. I have never been about to find it.

Im sick of using power from the batt to a toggle switch

im sure you could just run the power wire from your HU to the fuse box, thats what i had to do.. just get a fuse tap or something and link it into a fuse that runs hot only when the key is in the on position

Ok people i need your help finding my "ignition power wire" In my 08 jeep GC! Anywhere easy to find or in dash. I need this for many things. Like my Headunit and my altys external volt reg. Plz help me out. I have never been about to find it.

Im sick of using power from the batt to a toggle switch
why not used the switched source from the stock hu?

im sure you could just run the power wire from your HU to the fuse box, thats what i had to do.. just get a fuse tap or something and link it into a fuse that runs hot only when the key is in the on position
Iv looked. all have power... all the time, its weard. Dose anyone know what fuse isnt powered

i need somthing to turn the Head unit on to use the switch source on that
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif you mean like the stock switched source from the stock radio on the stock harness from the stock Chrysler grand cherokee?

Iv looked. all have power... all the time, its weard. Dose anyone know what fuse isnt powered
sunroof/moonroof? even if you dont have either of those you may still have the fuse for it, at least i do, i dont got one.. but have the fuse for it, runs hot only when the car is in the on position.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif you mean like the stock switched source from the stock radio on the stock harness from the stock Chrysler grand cherokee?
its a can buss system i cant tap it

sunroof/moonroof? even if you dont have either of those you may still have the fuse for it, at least i do, i dont got one.. but have the fuse for it, runs hot only when the car is in the on position.
i dont have moonroof or fuses for it. I have 3 fuse boxs and none of the fuses are marked and the owner manul says jack **** lol

i dont have moonroof or fuses for it. I have 3 fuse boxs and none of the fuses are marked and the owner manul says jack **** lol
your fuses should be marked on the cover.. or something.. search the internet then see what fuse is what if none are labled, or use the stock radio fuse.

your fuses should be marked on the cover.. or something.. search the internet then see what fuse is what if none are labled, or use the stock radio fuse.
stock radio fuse is not usually switched:fyi:

usually wipers, or internal accessories like cig lighters are switched

nope. Stock radio fuse i cant find eather. dodge said they would have to find the wiring diagram but say they dont have time. Fail

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.