Ignition on constantly

Participant count
  • Participant list

JustinStone

aspiring nutrient
Florida
all ignition related fuses are showing constant power without the key in? battery isolator relay connection sparked with car off with positive connected via- ignition/power outlet/accessories fuse

I guess I didn't really wait even minutes between key cycles, but that should that really matter?

2005 pt cruiser gt

I guess I didn't really wait even minutes between key cycles, but that should that really matter?
Yes, it matters. Most cars have what is called Retained Access Power. It keeps a few systems awake for 10 minutes or until you open a door. I had dissbled the door shut down feature on my vehicle so I wonder if that feature can fail on it's own. Best is to test after 10 minutes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

So you have your main power wire which feed the current it needs. Your original HU would have had it, and you probably connected your new HU to...
I did yeah. The OEM Harness was frustrating because the pinouts for the aftermarkets had the wrong layout. I have it correct. I'm measuring low...
Some at DIYMA and other places have tried this Oscilloscope as well and got good results shockingly for such a cheap unit...
Thanks for the clarification. Fuse boxes generally have some blank spots you can tap into.
Most likely your ground. I've seen that happen, the sub looks like it's playing a 5 Hz note. If one piece of equipment doesn't have a good ground...

About this thread

JustinStone

aspiring nutrient
JustinStone
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from