Ignition noise after installing ground run?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vortec Stroker
10+ year member

I installed a ground run back to the battery in an effort to lessen the dimming etc., and afterwords have noise from my ignition system getting through into the signal. The RCA's are passing over at a 90* angle of both the power and ground runs of #2 whip welding lead. I should also mention that I run a Jacobs aftermarket ignition. So what should I do to fix it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

So you have your main power wire which feed the current it needs. Your original HU would have had it, and you probably connected your new HU to...
I did yeah. The OEM Harness was frustrating because the pinouts for the aftermarkets had the wrong layout. I have it correct. I'm measuring low...
Some at DIYMA and other places have tried this Oscilloscope as well and got good results shockingly for such a cheap unit...
Thanks for the clarification. Fuse boxes generally have some blank spots you can tap into.
You just found your own solution. Move the DSP elsewhere. The RCA is triple protected but not the RCA plugs. I do not know if there is a mesh or...

About this thread

Vortec Stroker

10+ year member
Vortec Stroker
Bakersfield, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from