If you had an extra grand what would you do?

My homie had a blazer that burned oil and he used a 6 x 9 wall. I am an expert in highs I am new to this board but am no means new to the autosound comunity. Most know me in this profession. Here's the deal and it might lack climidia but I know, I know... GO to radio shack when there top of the line 6 x 9's are on sale. Insted of $169 they are $49.99. (Gansta) These are actually made by infinity and are better than the kappa series. (Really, I have tested them on the bench and in one of my many exotic high armored rides!) Build some sort of an enclosure and mount them where you would put your compression drivers.

OG :stuck:

My homie had a blazer that burned oil and he used a 6 x 9 wall. I am an expert in highs I am new to this board but am no means new to the autosound comunity. Most know me in this profession. Here's the deal and it might lack climidia but I know, I know... GO to radio shack when there top of the line 6 x 9's are on sale. Insted of $169 they are $49.99. (Gansta) These are actually made by infinity and are better than the kappa series. (Really, I have tested them on the bench and in one of my many exotic high armored rides!) Build some sort of an enclosure and mount them where you would put your compression drivers.
OG :stuck:

Lay off the crack my friend.

A decent set of components powered right will blow 6x9's out of the water...

I'm gonna agree with spyd3r on this one...you don't wanna dish out $500 on a comp set and spend less than $200 on the amp...

Snova you said spend $500 on Comps, the CDT HD's I bought off the Zeb are $300 are they gonna be an exception to your rule. What amp would you suggest throwing at them. Their rated to handle 130@4 ohms but If I threw 150 or even 200 would it kill them. I.E. Swiss Audio has an amp I like but I don't know if it's too powerful.

Buying nice speakers and then powering them with a mediocre amp kind of defiies the purpose of spending the money on the speakers in the first place.
And if you have Euro sports and are powering them with a Us acoustics amp...then someone should...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
Welp, I've had 4 different amps on my Eurosports (which are now my little sister's Eurosports). Expensive and inexpensive...A JL with 75 watts per channel, Nakamichi with 100 per, Autotek with 100 per, and finally, when the CDT's were her's, a Boss with "350" watts per channel (I know it wasn't really 350). All the same speakers, all the same RSX, and all with the same JVC deck.
In order of expensiveness, they were JL, then Nak, then Autotek, then Boss.

In order of which sound the best, they were Boss, Nak, and a tie for third between the Autotek and JL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Rmsanger

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Rmsanger
Liberty...
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date