If I buy a stinger battery do I need to upgrade to a H/O alternator?

Participant count
  • Participants list

pick-axis

So for real, if I was to buy a super expensive stinger battery would I need to install a high output alternator as well?

Even though I may not need it in my current setup I would still like to upgrade these parts of my current installation. Like battery, alternator (if needed) and crossover. This may seem like astupid question to vets of car audio but I'm just now getting back into car audio? Thanks in advance for the free knowledge!!!

no.. may still need more power for amp but do not have to get alt just because u got battery.. if u mean stinger starting battery don't get 1 get agm battery from sears autozone or advance (buy on line advance get discount they install) if u mean 2nd battery u have to have agm upfront to use 2nd agm don't mix them..

Tell us why you feel the need to buy a Stinger battery, unless there's a killer deal you stumbled upon? I mean.....what's your current status on electrical and list your system components. Also if the big 3 has been done yet.

If you're going to drop the cash for a stinger battery you should buy a Northstar of the same group size way better value but if you just want a beastly battery I would look into Sam's Club you can get Duracell branded decas from there for pretty cheap but like somebody else already said you should upgrade under hood battery first don't want to mix AGM and wet cell some people do but it's not recommended

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

pick-axis

pick-axis
Chattanooga, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffro83