IDQ12V3.D2 a good SPL sub for < $300?

pugely
10+ year member

NO!!! it is a sq subwoofer if you plan on buying it for pure output there is 100 dollar subs that are louder. pure sq and a really nice sounding sub too...

my question to you is how LOUD are you looking to get? you say you want spl but with the amp your gonna run and how you plan on running it doesn't equal spl. that amp bridged at 4 ohms is only 500 watts. so pushing a single IDQ would sound great. but like i asked you how loud are you looking for?

I'm not expecting really loud for what I'm limited to in terms of money available. I'm lookin for a definite SQ upgrade, along with a nice boom that makes me go wow. I have stock everything at the moment so I really have no idea how LOUD to expect. The more power the better but I'm trying to keep it simple with one amplifier, an excellent quality front end, and a good quality bass to compliment it all.

I think I will be easily satisfied with one IDQ to start off with coming from such an average stereo. I could always upgrade to 2 IDQs when i get more cash. I'll go listen to some of my friends setups soon to get a better idea of what i want exactly.

If you are realy going for spl the IDQ12 is probably one of the worst possible choices you could have to accomplish this.

Anyone who has heard the IDQ and other subs will tell you this.... the IDQ sound good but have a realy light bass line...bass heads will not like this... like mentioned earlier there are tons of other subs that get louder than this sub my personal reccomendation is the Alpine Type R this sub is built well get's plenty loud and will take a thrashing much better than an IDQ one type R will get louder than the IDQ and for $300 you could maybe get 2-3 Type R's an be sitting prety good.

He is considering something simple, and with some semblance of sq...so 2-3 R's is contrary to that
I already knew what he was asking.

My point was someone looking for SPL with $300 budget for subs the IDQ is a waist...not only for it's output potential but also for it's reliability you take that sub and pound it hard with 500-600 watts daily it won't hold up.

The Type R can sound decent and has a sound that IMO alot of people are looking for like I mentioned he can get one Type R and sound decent and get alot louder than the IDQ and save him a ton of money plus it will handle alot of abuse... and if thats not enough he can get one or two more and be within the $300 budget he posted.

The Type R I mention just because I own a few of them and have owned the IDQv3 10 and 12 inch model's. I am sure there are lots of other subs that will give him what he wants there are quite a few beefy looking subs that I see mentioned on this forum that look great but I just havn't used them before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.