IDQ vs IDMAX

adampit
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking for a more SQ oriented sub setup...

2 12" IDQs or a single 12" IDMAX...

pros and cons of them?

im wanting to use an alpine pdx amp... is the 600.1 enough or do i need the 1000?

i listen to mostly rock music (lots of live shows) and jazz/funk stuff with the occasional rap which i like to bump pretty hard

(my previous setup was 2 12w7s)

any input would be great

thanks

highs are CDT HD6 comp set in the front with a JL 450/4... (undecided if throwing something in the rear or not)

alpine w505 head unit

for sq i would go with the idq. that is their more sq oriented sub. the idmax still sounds great but gets a little too loud imo. i have considering swapping my max's out for a pair of q's

^ not at this time... maybe in the future

im pretty much set now on the 2x 12" IDQ's... now how much power is good for them in a 1cuft sealed box each?

is a alpine pdx600.1 good enough for a pair of the IDQs? or do i need the 1000?

Would you be interested in an Alpine H701 to go with your W505 so you can go active? If so shoot me a PM...
His amp is capable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

^ not at this time... maybe in the future
im pretty much set now on the 2x 12" IDQ's... now how much power is good for them in a 1cuft sealed box each?

is a alpine pdx600.1 good enough for a pair of the IDQs? or do i need the 1000?
Headroom is always good, the pdx600.1 will push them since the subs are so efficient but the pdx1000.1 would push them much better. Look into the Cadence ia7 amp, same power as the PDX1000 for less money.

are you talkin v2 or v3? 600 watts would be good on them but as hoodlum said headroom is nice. i have a friend with the v3 ran off a Q1200.1 at one ohm and they love it.

idqv2 and idqv3 are different from what i'm hearing on the forum.

I had a pair of idqv2 for a little bit and they sound real great very accurate and doesnt sound too boomy like a lot of subs. Easy to blend in the front stage

I havent tried idqv3 so i cant comment on that.

IDmax has a little more boom then idqv2

Dont expect them to be louder then w7's or sound as boomy.

if you want to save room go for the single idmax

if room is not a problem go with the idqs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.