Idq V.3 12"

What's it going into? I think I would personally rather have one new v3 ported. I just like getting the job done with less woofers (less weight, won't give as much output but should still sound really good).

What's it going into? I think I would personally rather have one new v3 ported. I just like getting the job done with less woofers (less weight, won't give as much output but should still sound really good).
Chevy Colorado (reg. cab)

You should be fine with 1 v3 ported in a reg cab pickup. Your v2 is sealed now? Do you have a bigger amp for the v3? I'm just willing to bet, without hearing one, that due to ID's past record and the good reviews the v2 got, that the v3 should be every bit as good if not better..

I haven't installed anything in this truck, yet. I haven't had it very long.

The V.2 is left over from a previous install. I have 400W, currently. I was either going to run the V.3 at 400W, or 2 V.2's at 400W each(I'd buy another amp).

If logic holds true, I believe the V.3 ported will be louder. Usually one ported is about equal to 2 sealed, but in this case the 1 is a better sub. Agreed?

I would agree to follow that logic, yes...I'm looking to get a 10v3 pretty soon here. Just have to sell my Audison and pick up some PDX amps. I have a very small space to work with so I'm going to stack them. I'm hoping I can squeeze a ported box in there, but most likely going to go sealed. I was considering a v2 also, but others who have had experience with it said to go with the v3. Going to power it with a PDX 1.600. Might be a little much, but I'll keep the gains down..

i will also order me a idq12 v.3 powered by a pdx 600.1! i just cant decide if i want to port it or seal it and specs on these are unknown from what i seen on image dynamics website which havent been updated for a while.

Depth - 5.75"

Power handling - 100W - 600W

XMAX - 18mm

sealed - .75 to 1.25 cuft gross, 1.0 cuft recommended

ported - 1.5 to 1.75 tuned to 28 to 30 hz

my buddy just got a pair of the new V3's and they sound so clean and hard, after i heard his subs i decided to get rid of my jl w3's and get the ID's. My jl's sounded great but no way close to how good the ID's sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BEAVER.989

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
BEAVER.989
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date