IDmax question.....

wj94
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
virginia
I'm looking to upgrade to a bit more powerful of a sub (currently have 10" oz audio matrix elite) so I've been looking at the "super subs".....w7, brahma, and IDmax mostly. I guess this question could apply to any of these subs, but here goes:

I have a 2000 Mustang with the POS Mach 460 audio system still in the car, currently bypassed by the system I have now, but it still takes up physical room in the trunk with the amp rack. Right now, I only have about 11.5" of trunk height, so a 12" in a regular sealed or ported box is pretty much out of the question. Would it make any difference in the sound if I was to get one of these subs in a 12", and have it firing towards the trunk lid? I figure if the depth is between 7-8", I should be OK. I just don't want it to sound like crap. Anyone have any knowledge with this? Thanks.

-David

ME and IDmax are similar but in power handiling, idmax will take up to 1000 watts, i beileve ME tops out at 500, both good subs, just depends what yoru using to power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.