Idmax making me mad!

Participant count
  • Participant list

liftedcj7on44s
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NC
Ive had my idmax for about a month now, its running off a sundown saz-1500d@ 2 ohm and according to the benchtests of this amp it should be getting around 900-950 watts. sub has really been bangin hard and loud, but yesterday something just didnt sound right. my bass sounded muffled and my low bass was making a weird noise. it sounded as if the LPF was set really high like at 300 or something, i have it set at 55 hz. i thought it was voice coil rub because there are a few scratches on the VC so i took the sub out of the box and played it free air. Well there is no voice coil rub but once the cone start to reach the point where the surround starts to crinkle then thats when i hear the noise. it sounds like the tinsel wires are hitting the back side of the cone but there not. The noise is deffinitely coming from the cone. what could be the prob?

everything looks ok, its not popping or anything just sounds like something is loose. i went around all the screws on the back side and they are all tight. Jim at ID told me that it shouldt be making any noise until i start to see little dimples in the surround about 1 inch apart from each other. like this http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Image%20Dynamics/idmax12.6.wmv

but im not reaching that far as excursion is concerned!

yeah maybe later tonight. the coil has a few scratches down 1 side due to my friend deciding to put his hand on the cone while the sub was playing. i took it out about 2 weeks ago and saw the scratches and played it free air but there was no rubbing. also the noise i hear with the sub free air isnt loud at all but when i put it back in the box it gets alot louder! how far should this thing be able to travel before i hear it bottom out? i mean i have heard subs bottom out before and its deff not that.

well the voice coil is screwed, been rubbing on the magnet pole pretty bad. also the last strand on the voice coil on 1 side was seperated from the rest of the coil. i got it back in place. the coil at the bottom was almost black. i got the sub back together and you cant hear the coil rubbing but my bass doesnt sound right still. its just as loud but it seems to be muffled or something. hard to explain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.