IDMAX 10 or JL 10W6v2?

the wattage was his only fixed requirement, take that w6 and put it in a .8cube 'recommended' sealed box then put the idmax10 in a 1 cube 'larger than recommended' box and id put money hands down that the idmax will be louder on the same wattage.
yes the jl would be more efficient if space was a requirement but since he has some fiddle room with space a bigger pox can increase the efficiency of the idmax to outperform the w6.

with 60 post it doesnt surprise me that you would think like this but i can tell you if you adjust the box size the idmax will outperform the w6. as far as sq is concerned that's subjective.

some people love the w7 cause it has a unique sound just like digital designs sub or even infinite baffle setups each setup has a unique sound but output is measurable.
Yes I have a low point count but my join date is in 2002, 7 years before you joined. Post count doesn't make you smarter, experience however..

If you had done your homework and modeled this like I did, even increasing the enclosure size on the IDMax way above recommended .707 QTC won't get you close enough to the W6 in efficiency with his power requirements. I'd love to see your graphs showing otherwise...

Yes I have a low point count but my join date is in 2002, 7 years before you joined. Post count doesn't make you smarter, experience however..
If you had done your homework and modeled this like I did, even increasing the enclosure size on the IDMax way above recommended .707 QTC won't get you close enough to the W6 in efficiency with his power requirements. I'd love to see your graphs showing otherwise...
what graphs? unless u have done extensive testing prior to now to obtain a cabin response graph and adjusted the program accordingly your graph will do very little for you. you graph only represents a 10x10x10 square room. in car the graph would look very different. a basic sub-woofer modeling program wont do you much. ask any of the box builders on here.

the sub has very little to do with the actual efficiency of the setup. the box will decide more than the sub.

to sum it up stop looking at the **** graph it means nothing for in car response

and just cause you joined in 02 doesnt mean you know anything just like the low post count doesnt mean you know nothing either it was just a general idea picking fun at you

You do realize you can load acoustic response data for a car right? Is it perfect and does it match my BMW? Probably not but it's better then half-space or room mode measurements. And with all things being equal given the same acoustical setting each subwoofer is equally compared. Apples to Apples.

Despite your ignorance in the science of loudspeaker engineering, subwoofers can easily be modeled and contrasted against each other. I suspect you think professional loud speaker manufactures just trial and error it?

Interestingly enough I was warned in another forum that there were these naive "nut huggers" (never heard that term before) that recommended Sundown regardless of the requirements (power and enclosure alignment).

Do yourself a favor and please do not continue to make yourself look stupid.

*sigh*

You do realize you can load acoustic response data for a car right? Is it perfect and does it match my BMW? Probably not but it's better then half-space or room mode measurements. And with all things being equal given the same acoustical setting each subwoofer is equally compared. Apples to Apples.
Despite your ignorance in the science of loudspeaker engineering, subwoofers can easily be modeled and contrasted against each other. I suspect you think professional loud speaker manufactures just trial and error it?

Interestingly enough I was warned in another forum that there were these naive "nut huggers" (never heard that term before) that recommended Sundown regardless of the requirements (power and enclosure alignment).

Do yourself a favor and please do not continue to make yourself look stupid.

*sigh*
ok man you have fun with it then i was speaking from personal experience with a 12w6 and a idmax 12 in a ford 500 both on a jl slash 500/1 the jl in its recommended box and the id in a bigger than recommended box

but you obviously are some acoustical engineer so have fun idk why you asked the question i u already knew the answer.

and nuthugger i am not i have used many different brands spread between my two cars and i tend to only use the system for a few months then change the only setup i still have is my two morel ultimo 12s in my silverado on an arc audio 2300. and yes i have put the w6, the fiQ, the dayton ho, the idq, the si claw v2, and a pair of audiopulse epic 12s against this setup.

i never recommended sundown though the sa12 and the idq 12 are supposedly equal in the terms of actual distortion, but i wouldnt know since i have yet to hear then in a direct swap. i did however swap 2 mojo 12s with two z12s and the sundowns sounded much better. but i have yet to actually hear a sa sealed.

and btw you didnt load the acoustical data for those graphs thats pretty apparent since the graph doesnt have two peaks, one for the box peak and one for the cars resonance frequency

and i dont get it i actually recommended the w6 in one of my previous post, but not because it gets louder but rather because it is a sq based sub rather than a sql sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.