Idiot question about connecting wires to their terminals

cheeto
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, so I have this 4 ga wiring kit from USamps, and I need to connect the ground wire terminal to the ground wire itself. I stripped the ground wire already, and put the terminal over it. I tried hammering it, squeezing it in a vice, etc, but I don't think thats how you're supposed to do it.

I searched everywhere and couldnt find the answer to this- How can I connect them permanently without a crimper?

**** ass ****. So I can't hammer the terminal down or crimp it like it looks in other pictures? Plus will solder really hole like that?

Because the terminal is like a tube where the wires go in, it seems kinda inefficient to just load it up with solder and hope it holds.

I tightened the vice down as hard as I could both with the cut in the terminal on the wall of the vice and facing away from it...

I think I'm just gonna take a hammer to it or something. Gosh ****, I wish there was a manual for this amp kit.

a vice has always worked for me, especially with 0 gauge
I tried the vice again, I think these terminals are just super strength piss you off grade.. I'm kind of getting it but I've been having to use some self locking pliers and I've been setting them at different strengths or whatever. i don't think I can do it for the other 3 terminals haha.

I think I'm gonna give up on car audio haha. Last night I mounted the amp on the back of my box (actually looks really clean, I'm proud of it :>) and speaker wired it, then spent 4 hours trying to get a ground wire crimped. I ruined 1 crimp that came with the kit and 2 that didnt, because I kept getting it half way there then the crimp would slip off and I couldn't get it back on without pushing half the wires down. So here's my question - Even if it looks stupid, is it ok to have a ground wire connected to the amp by its bare wires? I got it screwed down pretty well right now and there are no visible other wires where it connects.

Oh and another thing - I unscrewed a seat bolt and sanded the washer and metal where it bolts onto, only to find out that it's too big to fit around the bolt. I was gonna drill it out, but my cordless drill ran out of power, then I couldnt find the charger, so I got the wall drill, and i couldnt find a gosh **** extension cable. Same thing with the dremel. So I'm goin to a friends house tomorrow. But the question here is - is it ok to drill out a terminal to make it a little wider? I don't see why it wouldnt be but just in case.

oh yeah and to the soldering thing - I don't have a torch :

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.