Ideas to stop the Spamming

increase the verification security? If my e-mail can block spam I know the mods can stop it what is going on here?

It seems to have gotten bad lately
First, the mods have no control over anything other than moving/deleting/merging posts/threads and banning users. So quit bitching that we're not doing something we can't do.

Second, I recommended to Goob over a year ago that he do something as simple as require a user to have X # of posts before they are able to post an image or link. You can see how quickly he has worked to resolve the issue.......

EDIT: Though I find it funny the forum censors words that are commonly heard on primetime TV shows on the "local" channels.....yet it does nothing to stop spam which regularly contains nude images.

seen this on a VB forum today, goob should look into implementing this. "You need five posts before being able to use any of this board's vB code features. Including smilies and linking to URLs."

First, the mods have no control over anything other than moving/deleting/merging posts/threads and banning users. So quit bitching that we're not doing something we can't do.
Second, I recommended to Goob over a year ago that he do something as simple as require a user to have X # of posts before they are able to post an image or link. You can see how quickly he has worked to resolve the issue.......

EDIT: Though I find it funny the forum censors words that are commonly heard on primetime TV shows on the "local" channels.....yet it does nothing to stop spam which regularly contains nude images.
somebody had to say something right?

I wonder if the company that is hosting this website has any feature available to help with the spam.....Then again....I know that it may cost money to add that feature and that is something they might not have available to invest in the forum.....Who knows??? I'd at least like to see someone reply to this thread that is in charge of this forum with an answer to this....

yeah it is real bad, i keep sending these ****ers a PM that says all spammers must die or death to spammers or spammers **** donkey dick!!! Doesn't do any good but makes me feel tough...HAHA

hey, as long as there's pic's i don't care. it's the freaking spam with nothing but links that *****. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.