I'd like everyones opinion on which subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

smokeum99ta
10+ year member

Recently I got a new truck so I bought a new system for it. My original plan was to put two 13tw5 subs in it with a pdx 1.1000 amp to push them. Well when I started to install my components and stuff I realized that two might not be doable. So I looked on the internet for some ideas for custom boxes and such then found a box that fits perfect for my truck, so I said screw it and purchased it. I thought that I would be able to cut out the openings to fit those 13tw5s in it but thats not the case. Well now I have a box set up for two 10's and 1000 watt amp. I just happened to have two 10" polk dx laying around. So I put them in the box just for the fun of it but couldn't resist putting everything in the truck for now. They sound good but I want more bass plus there only rated at 300rms and the amps birthcard says it did 1169 rms at 2 ohms. So im way over powered for them. Any ideas on what subs would be a good/better replacement? Remember that I only have around 4 9/16"- 4 3/4" mounting depth to work with. I also thought about adding another sub in the center console but would rather get different subs.

So if I added another sub to the center console would I wire the two rear subs (polks) in series off one side of the amp and the other off the other output? The amp is a mono amp but has two outputs. Or better yet how should it be wired?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.