IA 20.1 Issues

lvfive.o
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Las Vegas
I finally tried out the IA 20.1 I bought off of a forum member here like a year ago and I think I got a bad one but I am not sure.

The blue light turns on just fine when it powers on but I am not getting anything out of my sub. I made sure the posistive was on the positive the negative on the negative. After about a min or so I smelt voice coil and felt the sub and it was hot already but it hadn't made a noise. Any ideas?

is your sub cone locked up?, generally if something crapped out on the amp, it would trip into protect. I have seen the inputs on amps go bad and in that case, nothing would happen, just as described.

K, I am not sure I just pulled out the 35.1 to put back in the boat and the sub was working just fine right before I pulled it out, I put this one in and it is not working.

either you had your coils out of phase or the sub was no bueno.

I'd try a different speaker on the amp, they are protected from most user errors.

Well I just put a DMM on the outputs of the amp while it was playing, it only varies from .020 - .040 Volts AC, while my 4 channels varies from .005 to .800 Volts AC while playing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.