I understand most of the amp settings

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
Gain.....understood

Low pass frequency setting 40-180. Not sure

Sub sonic.... understood.

Bass frequency setting.... not sure has to do with bass boost?

Bass boost... dont use... set to zero

Phase... 0°

So I guess just my setting on low pass frequency I need help with. And bass frequency does it matter if I have the bass boost at zero db correct?

It does exactly as the name implies. It allows the low frequencies to pass attenuating the high frequencies starting wherever you have the filter set. depending on the crossover type it will attenuate between 3 and 24 decibels per octave.

if u listen to rock u can set lp filter to like 150 if u just listen to rap etc just set it at 100hz.. the bass boost freq only matters if u use it., if u have ported box or listen to rock set it above port tuning, rock set close to 80-100, if u don't use at ll don't worry about it how ever maynot be bad idea to set to 100 hz in case boost gets kicked on don't wanta boost to low below tuning

if u listen to rock u can set lp filter to like 150 if u just listen to rap etc just set it at 100hz.. the bass boost freq only matters if u use it., if u have ported box or listen to rock set it above port tuning, rock set close to 80-100, if u don't use at ll don't worry about it how ever maynot be bad idea to set to 100 hz in case boost gets kicked on don't wanta boost to low below tuning
My bass frequency settings go from 30 Hertz to 80 Hertz

From what I'm to understand I don't want to use bass boost.. shouldn't need it right?... I listen to a wide variety of music. But in this car mostly rap ( trying to show off and be "cool guy") classic rocks sometimes

u don't need the frq if not using i'm just saying peeps alway mess with amps and u don't wanta have it set at 30 in case boost gets kicked on so set at 60-80 just in case.. i noticed yesterday my hp xover on hu was off and i'm the only one that gets in my car so crap happens

My bass frequency settings go from 30 Hertz to 80 HertzFrom what I'm to understand I don't want to use bass boost.. shouldn't need it right?... I listen to a wide variety of music. But in this car mostly rap ( trying to show off and be "cool guy") classic rocks sometimes
no you dont need it

you need a gain knob, or gain adjustment on the headunit for subwoofer ONLY. you will have about a 3-10db difference between rock and rap, and will need to turn it up/down accordingly while knowing what clipping and stinky coil smells like

My bass frequency settings go from 30 Hertz to 80 HertzFrom what I'm to understand I don't want to use bass boost.. shouldn't need it right?... I listen to a wide variety of music. But in this car mostly rap ( trying to show off and be "cool guy") classic rocks sometimes
no you dont need it

you need a gain knob, or gain adjustment on the headunit for subwoofer ONLY. you will have about a 3-10db difference between rock and rap, and will need to turn it up/down accordingly while knowing what clipping and stinky coil smells like

u don't need the frq if not using i'm just saying peeps alway mess with amps and u don't wanta have it set at 30 in case boost gets kicked on so set at 60-80 just in case.. i noticed yesterday my hp xover on hu was off and i'm the only one that gets in my car so crap happens
Gotcha. Will do. And Thanks

Gotcha. Will do. And Thanks

clarification on the bass knob situation, does it attenuate volume from where the gain located on the amp is set? Or does it completely take control of the gain bypassing the screwdriver controlled setting? Or does this vary from amp to amp? I was under the impression that it just attenuated from min to max of where the gain on the amp is set

Gain.....understood Low pass frequency setting 40-180. Not sure

Sub sonic.... understood.

Bass frequency setting.... not sure has to do with bass boost?

Bass boost... dont use... set to zero

Phase... 0°

So I guess just my setting on low pass frequency I need help with. And bass frequency does it matter if I have the bass boost at zero db correct?
You seriously have this all in a 1963 VW Type I? Wow!! I owned and worked on a LOT of old aircooled VWs back in the 1980's and into the 1990's!!

John Kuthe...

I'm actually adding a second sub.. been thinking about adding another alternator. If I can find one that won't get in the way of my dual carb linkage.

I pulled this car from a field a few years ago completely gutted it and been building it since.. my initial plan with the stereo was just to throw a bazooka tube in the back and some 6x9s.. LOL so much for that

View Album, Bug Build by jjzickowski1 | Photobucket

View Album, Amp Tray by jjzickowski1 | Photobucket

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.