i ruined my saturday night...

I'm mad at myself, like really mad, I only got to listen to it for about 10 minutes before I blew it.

can you explain what clipping is again, thats just when you exceed a certain parts functioning capacity right?

Clipping.....You had the gain turned up too high. The gain is not a volume knob. It is a knob to adjust the amp to accept the input voltage from your HU so that the amp puts out a nice unclipped signal to your speakers.

Once you turn your gains up too high, you start to get square waveforms instead of sine waves going to your sub, and they don't do good things.

I'd read some gain setting tutorials before putting another sub in.

Thats what it sounds like you did anyways.

Ok, thanks for the explanation, I thought thats what I did, next time I try this I'm gonna see if I can do it with an oscope so that way I know whats going on and I dont have to do it by the dmm which didnt want to cooperate.

Looks like I got me a giant refrigerator magnet now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Is there anything I can do with this thing besides being a paperweight?

I'm not sure, but you could possibly get Fi to recone it.....Or sell it to someone else that would want to go through the trouble.

I'm not sure if that sub would be worth it or not though. I'm not too familiar with the 7000 series eclipse subs. If it was one of my old eclipse Ti's, I'd be having them reconed, though.

Anyways.....Good luck with getting some bump back in your car.

I don't want to go through all that reconing stuff for a $140 sub. I'd rather just buy a new one, its just which one....

granted I'm going to need a few weeks to get the $$$

I'm basically looking at a sub thats sql, 500-750rms at 1-4ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.