i need some serious help here , helpp

lastman
10+ year member

florida
yes i just bought my car to get a amp and speakers install well when they were finished it sounded good only thing my car wouldnt start , they said you need some gas im like i just bought gas , i notice my fan is not running any more and my fuel injection is not putting out , my fan would run be fore i even start the car , now its not running at all. this is fan in front of radiator . i dont know what to do what are my rights as far as this is concerned , they had to push my car out the garage , i am very pissed , this has something to do with electrical , i was left there by myself when they closed , so i live like three towns away so i couldnt afford to tow so i un installed the wires offf amp and speakers and left the car there , i dont know what to do but i know im going to court , i need some advice my car started fine before , they are the ones who pulled it into garage but it never left garage running , the owner left before my installation was done , i dont know what to do , i want to f something up , **** it this really ticks me off , i am so upset my car is a 1990 but it ran fine ..hell i travel 48 miles to get it installed , what should i do ?

Demand they fix it. I would take it to another reputable shop and have them point out what the problems are. And document them as such. Then when you do decide to go to court you will have documented proof from a second opinion. To me it sounds like they went to the fuse panel for the power or something. And in the process cut wires that shouldn't have been cut. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Accept you cant clearify that it was in that condition before you dropped it off at their garage... I think you got screwed bigtime and cant do a whole lot about it altho you should always try...

You do have a point. But I would still try. This is one reason why I do all of my install work myself. Not just to save money. But the local shops around me with the exception of one, are the fly by night couple of friends rent a garage kind of deals. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

When i'm installing then i'm alive, i'm just freaking addicted to it...

Only my problem is that I sell systems for cars meaning people come to me with their car, tell me what they want and I make it, these are the good days...

The bad days are when I dont have any "customers" and only my own Civic who gets turned upside down every month for trying a new install...

addicted 4 life !

Btw, did you get any kind of ticket from that garage ? If so there should be an unique deposal number of where they registered their selling conditions... You might something in their own lines because these are often also presented to a customer and may state things like warranties and safety guarantees....

Anyway.. gl

If you were able to drive your car in the shop, but were not able to drive it out, then they deffinately F'd something up and are responsible. Like Ramos said, have a reputable installer and/or mechanic make a list of what's wrong, how it appears it happened (e.g. cut wire, failed computer), and the estimated cost of repair. But first talk to the owner of the shop. Explain that your car was just fine when you drove it in but you could not even start the vehicle after it was in his employee's hands. Be firm but nice at first, then be demanding if they don't cooperate. If they refuse to fix it, bring him to civil court and contact the Better Business Bureau. Let the owner know that you are seeking legal action and contacting the BBB. Often times a business will cooperate at that point. If the owner does agree to make the repairs, ask him to document everything that was done. after it has been repaired bring your vehicle to a good mechanic and have them inspect everything that was done and look for any possible related defects. Or you could burn his shop down and piss on the ashes. If you choose the second option, you didn't hear it from me.

Like Ramos said, have a reputable installer and/or mechanic make a list of what's wrong, how it appears it happened (e.g. cut wire, failed computer), and the estimated cost of repair.

yes thats what it was my computer had failed due to a short the whole wire burnd up the mechanic said , so you mentioned computer so how does that link to a amp installation , thanks for any help

That was just an example that I threw out using a wild guess that a cut wire would link to a failed computer and causing the car not to start. Maybe I could start a T.V. info-mercial car psychic hot-line //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . Seriously though, if the wrong wire was cut it could short out the computer or throw off the timing in the car's operation. Make sure the shop owner understands that they cut that wire. Keep us posted about dealing with the shop - good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.