I need some help...please help me with my whole setup

one last thing... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif most people will just laugh at you if all you have is bass and no balance...

ok...new news. i talked to the guy today, and he said he'd give me a nice amp, installation, subs, and a deck. He goes, everything for the audiobahn 12's would be around 1200, and for the 15's would be 1400. But yeah, he said that if i don't get an alarm in my car, i should definately get one with a system like this. But, i want my system to be heard. He said that the 15's would be heard from blocks away, i dunno if i really want it that loud. Is it worth it to pay for the extra 200, i mean...my parents said they'd pay 1200, for everything, and anything else i wanted, i'd have to pay for. So...should i throw the 200 into it??

Originally posted by CrEaMXxPuFf one last thing... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif most people will just laugh at you if all you have is bass and no balance...
i'm gonna save up for some 6x9's and an amp for them

What i've done is buy from the local guy, do all the grunt work myself, and anything i cant handle or want his opinion on he's always been there. Unless your guy is an @$$ and trying to rip you off, he'll prob do stuff like set your gains and give u instructions for free.

you can buy jbl online on ebay...you get a warranty you just have to pay shipping.....1200.1 under 300....2 kicker L5 12's 300..... that leaves you with 900 bux..wanna learn how to install read instructions.......look at other peoples cars....and look at what you dont understand....like how to go through your firewall..................grounding.........stuff like that.

yeah, but see...the kids around here are ****ing dumbasses. one was giving me a ride home, and he goes, go get a custom box from the place where i'm gonna get my stuff, and i go, yeah i want a ported box tuned to about 40 Hz, and he goes what's that? The kids around here have money, and just assume, ok, well i paid for it, i make the box, or i buy one, and it'll sound ok. I've got a friend, his brother made him this custom box for 3 audiobahn 12's, not sure which kind, but he's got 3 800 watt amps. It sounds so bad. I mean...i've got an 8'' and a 4'' for my computer, and it sounded close to the same level. He didn't have very good wires, and was gonna replace them with some thick blue stuff, but still...ya know? Really, this is the only guy that seems to know what he's talking about in my town. there might be a few kids here and there, but most of them just act like they know what they're talking about. and to budgetSQ, the guy does the install for free. I'll be getting a JVC hu with 3 preouts for 270, 2 Audiobahn AW1500Q for 250 each plus a box for like 550, i think he said, a california blue 1000 watt rms amp for like 380. I've been shopping online and some of the stuff he has is really cheap, and it's got an warranty and everything. So...i think i'm just gonna go with the 15's cause the people that do the installs themself around here screw everything up, and i don't want to do that cause there's no one i can really talk to about it. Oh, and i asked the guy today if i could watch the install and he said it's be from like 5-7 hour job, and if i were to stand around, it'd be aggrivating to him cause i'd be asking a bunch of questions, and what not. So i figure i'll just not worry about it.

hey where do you live in fla? Is there a Sound Advice store arround your area? Just cause they have nice stuff at decent prices(not great) and they wont dick you arround. If you wanna see it installed I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Seems like total BS that the guy said he didn't want you arround while he's installing it.

yeah, i've been to sound advice, but he wants to sell me 2 12 w3's for 600, and a 500/1 amp for 600, and then i've gotta buy a hu....i don't wanna go there, but i live in jupiter, how bout you?

i would read more about stuff then decide if i was you....

box size in cubic inches 1cft=1728 inches 12lx12wx12h

say your box is 24" across 17" high by 13" would =5304 inches divide that by 1728 =3.07 cft internal volume now if this is outside demension and its made of 3/4 inch wood just take 1.5" off each measurement 24"= 22.5" by 15.5" by 11.5" and figure it out the same way.....not only am i telling you this just so you know but even if he does it least you would know he was doing it right.....read up on installation in your amps manual and look at cars that have stereo systems that are right just to be sure he does it right or learn it so you can do it.

word, yeah i live in NC but I go down to tampa and miami alot. haven't been there in a while but the sound advice in miami just seemed like a real legit place so I thought I'd reccomend you check w/ them

ask him to install it at that price then he has a deal. if he works on commission he might go for it ...... as there is room to play with ...if not buy from crutchfield then they have decent how to manuals ..just dont want to see you get ripped off..and sound advice does great work i seen and competed against a few of their vehicles..ehehe beat them too =P

oh, and I think other people will agree puting in a head unit might take 30 min and just wiring up an amp in your ride, well it depends some are harder than others but still, not more than 2 hours. 5-7 doubt it

lol depends on how much beer and weed the installer plans on doing during the install lololol sounds like this guy wants to clean up if he is selling you this stuff..550 for a box for 2 15"'s? better be covered in tweed and built to for that price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.