I need help...

newman1016

I have a 2000 for crown victoria and I'm ready to put some music in my trunk. I'm not sure if I want 2/4 12s, 2 15s, or 1/2 18s. I'm looking to spend anywhere from 3 to 4k. Could anyone give me any suggestions? It's a daily driven car and I want to keep my back seat. Thanks in advance

Would there be any particular brand you would suggest? I wanna get the best bang for my buck. I was browsing and was looking into dc audio level 4s, ascendant audio mayhems, or fi btl. I wanted to ask some pros what direction I should go.

I've ran all of those subs. They all have their own advantages. But the mayhem and fi are the same company with the mayhem a bit better Just really depends in what your looking for in a good sub tho. Sq SQL. Spl. Small box or big box.

Oh okay. I'm still doing research on ported/sealed enclosures to see which is better but I think I can handle it from here. Don't want to be a bother lol but thanks for the suggestions

Crossover, the electrical upgrade would depend on the amp (s) I use or that's needed regardless? I know for sure that whatever I decide to go with, with you guys help, I will definitely need that upgrade. I'm just torn between the brands because it's so many to choose from. Doing the 2 15s, would one powerful amp be the best way to go or 2 smaller amps to put on each 15? Sorry for so many questions...I just don't want to do anything the wrong way as far as the setup.

Crossover, the electrical upgrade would depend on the amp (s) I use or that's needed regardless? I know for sure that whatever I decide to go with, with you guys help, I will definitely need that upgrade. I'm just torn between the brands because it's so many to choose from. Doing the 2 15s, would one powerful amp be the best way to go or 2 smaller amps to put on each 15? Sorry for so many questions...I just don't want to do anything the wrong way as far as the setup.
How about 2 15" c2 threatcon 2's. Throw a 2krms amp on them in a custom ported and you'll be solid man. Do the big 3 with 1/0 ofc and an extra batt in the trunk. Ask all the questions you need to. Lotta great ppl here to help.

How about 2 15" c2 threatcon 2's. Throw a 2krms amp on them in a custom ported and you'll be solid man. Do the big 3 with 1/0 ofc and an extra batt in the trunk. Ask all the questions you need to. Lotta great ppl here to help.
Not hardley. My wife has a bigger and better system than this A nice pair of 1500-2500 rms subs and a good 4000-6000 wAtt rms amp A big 320 amp alt 3-4 agm group 31 batts. Lots of wire and a ported box. Then you solid. Anything less is just basic

Not hardley. My wife has a bigger and better system than this A nice pair of 1500-2500 rms subs and a good 4000-6000 wAtt rms amp A big 320 amp alt 3-4 agm group 31 batts. Lots of wire and a ported box. Then you solid. Anything less is just basic
Yeah I'd say that's solid! I just noticed how much op has to spend.......

Wow you guys really know your stuff lol. And see the thing that have me stuck is the fact that you have some cheap brands that offer up to that amount of watts (4-6k) for under 300. Not saying that's bad but geesh that much wattage for that price leaves me scratching my head. So with my say 4k budget, could I get some serious stuff done or if I want to do it right I'll have to raise my budget? Any suggestions on what brand of 15s and amp that you guys would say I should look into?

Wow you guys really know your stuff lol. And see the thing that have me stuck is the fact that you have some cheap brands that offer up to that amount of watts (4-6k) for under 300. Not saying that's bad but geesh that much wattage for that price leaves me scratching my head. So with my say 4k budget, could I get some serious stuff done or if I want to do it right I'll have to raise my budget? Any suggestions on what brand of 15s and amp that you guys would say I should look into?
If you feel like spending more dollars go with JL or DD. The subs that have been mentioned in this thread are very good. You will need plenty to spend on electrical to run whatever you get though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.