I need help with choosing a subwoofer!

Participant count
  • Participant list

kiteman

dallas
Taking the questions straight from the FAQ so I do this right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

type of car: 2012 camaro with the upgraded bouston acoustics system (this is important because i'm retaining my stock head unit)

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 10"

Budget: $150? really not sure, this is one of those situations where if $200 is going to buy me a lot better sub than $150, i'll do it. but i don't want to go much higher than $200 (more on that in a minute).

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): PPI P900.4 rated 450w RMS @ 4ohms (i think the 4ohms makes it a little trickier as dvc 2ohm subs and svc 4ohm subs aren't the easiest to find)

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): already have a .85 sealed 10" box, would prefer to keep it (also have a lb of polyfill to throw in there). it fits very well in my tiny tiny camaro trunk and bolts down with one bolt without much modification in the corner and still lets me use my trunk (which i use a lot). the only other enclosure that could work is a custom one for my camaro, and it would a lot more expensive than this basic one.

Goals: add more bass, the same amp will power a front stage at 145w each channel, i am thinking kicker 40CSS674...but i'm using a stock HU because the last 2 cars i had with aftermarket head units were both broken into and all of my old systems stolen. so i'm just plain not interested in getting myself into that situation again (hence the cheap'ish budget and keeping it super stealth with a stock HU). using stock HU though i'm thinking i need something that gets pretty loud.

Listening habits: mostly like heavier rock, shinedown, breaking benjamin, that sort of thing, but definitely listen to a little bit of hip hop as well

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: my initial idea was to stick with the RETAILERS that are super easy to deal with, amazon (prime member here), crutchfield, sonicelectronix...but seems like a lot of brands i have heard about like sundown for instance, aren't to be had on those popular sites. i get a little uncomfortable buying from not-so mainstream sites, but that isn't to say i won't consider them at all.

thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone have thoughts about the Infinity KAPPA 100.9w? would be 4ohms, and it's required sealed dimensions almost match my box.

I think you'll be happy with soundqubed HDS210, it's really a bargain. I've used sounqubed to add a little kick to factory system before in a BMW, though we did use HDS310 in a small ported box - it actually works perfectly. You may also consider the HDS208 in a ported box. You can select the desired impedance (D2 or D4) when buying. These are a bargain at just over $100.

I think you'll be happy with soundqubed HDS210, it's really a bargain. I've used sounqubed to add a little kick to factory system before in a BMW, though we did use HDS310 in a small ported box - it actually works perfectly. You may also consider the HDS208 in a ported box. You can select the desired impedance (D2 or D4) when buying. These are a bargain at just over $100.
208 tline ftw....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.