I need help picking compatible speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ws_audio

I don't know a lot about car audio systems, in fact I know almost nothing. With that being said I've gotta temporarily upgrade the speakers I have they are Ford OEM POS.

I want to buy a cheap set of 4 channel 6x8 for my car to use until i finish saving up for a full install. HOWEVER!... I don't think my head unit will work with these speakers, they are 50w RMS 200w peak and my head unit is 22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels the 22 watts RMS on the head unit is what worries me, is it safe to run my 4 speakers on this unit or do I need to swap head units?

I don't know a lot about car audio systems, in fact I know almost nothing. With that being said I've gotta temporarily upgrade the speakers I have they are Ford OEM POS.
I want to buy a cheap set of 4 channel 6x8 for my car to use until i finish saving up for a full install. HOWEVER!... I don't think my head unit will work with these speakers, they are 50w RMS 200w peak and my head unit is 22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels the 22 watts RMS on the head unit is what worries me, is it safe to run my 4 speakers on this unit or do I need to swap head units?
they will work fine as long as they are 4 ohm speakers and if they are cheap i'm sure they are.. that is the max power speakers are rated at they will work with ok wth 8 watts each i have 22rms x 4 myself and mine are pretty loud.. did u buy the speakers already?

they will work fine as long as they are 4 ohm speakers and if they are cheap i'm sure they are.. that is the max power speakers are rated at they will work with ok wth 8 watts each i have 22rms x 4 myself and mine are pretty loud.. did u buy the speakers already?
Yes I did they are scosche 6x8's from walmart got them for 18$ a pair on sale

Yes I did they are scosche 6x8's from walmart got them for 18$ a pair on sale
yeah they be fine man i had a pair like that in my rear deck yrs ago they probably better than factory.. u coulda got good deal on amzon or ebay 4 speakers like $75 or so been better i say that just because changing speakers is kin of a pain.. if u interested in maybe returning those and spending few more $ i'll get u some links.. as far as hu goes my 22 rms will be tad different than your cause my kenwood x301 has 24bit da convetor which makes music cleaner and louder than a 16bit which is probably best a factory has i just got rid of my factory 2 months ago changed my life lol.. this thng has bt usb seating postion, car type speaker size, time alignment, 13 band eq, comes with microphone for phone calls reads text to me all for $119........

yeah they be fine man i had a pair like that in my rear deck yrs ago they probably better than factory.. u coulda got good deal on amzon or ebay 4 speakers like $75 or so been better i say that just because changing speakers is kin of a pain.. if u interested in maybe returning those and spending few more $ i'll get u some links.. as far as hu goes my 22 rms will be tad different than your cause my kenwood x301 has 24bit da convetor which makes music cleaner and louder than a 16bit which is probably best a factory has i just got rid of my factory 2 months ago changed my life lol.. this thng has bt usb seating postion, car type speaker size, time alignment, 13 band eq, comes with microphone for phone calls reads text to me all for $119........
Thanks, but i'll deal with these for a few months, I'm planning a build right now but haven't gotten down to the fine details for the full build just needed something temporary cause the two rear oem speakers were blown to **** from the previous owner and they sounded like a bad pisser lmfao. Thanks for your help man!

Your ford oem speakers will sound better than those cheapo speakers. Only time you go aftermarket is when you do acoustical door treatments, deadening, amping speakers along with having a good headunit that can tune the speakers properly.

Aftermarkets on stock head unit power and the stock head unit EQ curve is a horrible waste of time and money.

Just replace the blown ones and save your money for a real setup later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.