i need a the best alarm under 400 just got all of my system stolen with an alarm

The best way to have everything intact is to conseal your alarm system, or even get lo-jack... There's no such thing as a affordable or expensive or best alarm system. Like someone posted before, I told them to pack a 12-gauge shotgun, and hide behind the bushes... lol... Well I hope this helps...

If you plan on buying another alarm there are a variety of options. Just understand that there is not a fool proof alarm available. A basic install on an alarm can be easily defeated in 2 ways. One, break window, pop hood, disconnect battery. Two, break window, pop hood, disconnect siren, listen for the relays clicking on the alarm brain box and disable the brain box. These two basic methods can get a thief past most alarms. The best that you can do is try to out smart them. Here are a few ideas.

1. Buy a back up battery. When a thief rips your battery cable off, the alarm will continue to sound.

2. Pay a little extra and have the installer pull the dash and install the brain box where it is not accessable.

3. Be creative when installing the siren. Try not to place it where the wires can be easily reached. If possible, have two sirens installed. Also, the vehicle's horn is loud and not as easy to disconnect.

4. Have relays and wiring installed so that the alarm flashes the parking lights and head lights. Just make sure the relays are not easily accessable.

As for the best alarm, check out Clifford, Alpine, or Ungo. Just a few off the top of my head.

5. Buy a paging system to install on the alarm (your in luck! I have one for sale!). When your alarm is tripped, or even if it senses a bump (depending on the alarm) you would be sent a page.

Natem33 summed it up best. But, i used to have all those advanced technology alarms and stuff and my car still got stolen from my job, at 7a.m, in the handicap parking space, in front of the security guards gate. So if someone wants your vehicle they will get it if they have the means and know how. My best advice would be to be aware of where u park your vehicle and think like a thief would; Use different types of screws,rivets,torx, or allen wrenches on your installs. I always take the fuel fuse out of my fuse box when i leave my vehicle so if they do try to steal it , it won't start. Just use your imagination and think of how hard you can make it be for someone to jack you. And do like Nas says and "get ya self a gun!":D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.