I just want to die now...

i wish i knew another credible place.
sorry to hear about this man. but if u want it done right do it yourself. and whpever said the 2-3 day coment. i re-ran 4gauge re-ran 3 sets of rcas ran speaker wire installed my front comps, 5x7s in the rear made an amp rack and put it all back together in 7 hours. so u must be slow. and it all sounded great , o yeah in dynmated my front doors 2.

but u should go up there and take like 2 boxes of door kit and 6 boxes of dynamt and call it good

it is true, all BB's are not created equal. the BB i work at is a good one. everyone here is really experianced and we dont break sh!t.

just remember we are hourly and we will take as long as it needs to take. also we have to account for the fact that we are reguired to take a lunch within 4 1/2 hours of starting our shift. then account for phone calls from customers and salesmen. and just other things that go on.

you should give me the installers name and the stores number so i can call him and be like hey i work at BB in cali and your an idiot...

fuk you..... if i ever ever found out a customer got me fired for trying to help them you have no idead what i would do..... fuk that.
and i work at BB but i have experiance and i have a good ear for setting it up correctly... its a wonder what schooling can do for you.

but yea there are alot of unexperianced people at BB..... go in there and ask for the senior installer or supervisor of carfi and they should have more experiance and be able to tune it up for you.
uhh if you tried to help him, told him 250 but then took all day so it ended up being 400...and it sounds like ****...then i would get you fired for too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

my installs never sound like ****. if you spent good money on your products and you didnt just buy an all dual setup then i can make it sound good. and since i get paid good money for what i do at BB i dont make things sound like ****. i want the customer to be as happy as possible. with there setup, and if i were to recomend something i cant recomed something i dont like myself.

and we did have a story similar to this like 2 weeks ago. we had a new 2005 silverado. that the install took 10 hours..... only thing was it was an $800 install, for all the labor and some amp kits and everything. and we gave it to the customer for free. it was a new deck, factory deck relocation, 2 amps 2channel and a 4 channel and a 10 inch sub in the box.

we had to relocate the factory deck under the pass seat and have the 2 amps mounted on the wall behind the seat. it was just a regular cab. then the sub was in a wedge box behind the middle seat. we replaced all of the speakers also..... and it still took 3 installers 10 hours.

the customer even had to come back cause the new battery post we put on was alittle loose and the customer felt like over tighting it and when we looked at it the post broke off inside the battery, so we had to buy him a new battery, another $60.....

the customer was very happy with the install, and is going to do buisness with us again.....

yea it took awhile and we had some problems with it, but in the end we made the customer happy.

also if you would have gotten a written quote on it only being 250 then you could have saved yourself.... also you get to inspect the car before you pay. if you dont like it then they have to fix it before you pay. and if you dont want to pay they will uninstall it for you.

there is always a way around the system, but if you act like a pr!ck and start yelling we wont do **** for you. just be calm about it and explain your story and see what they can do for you.

chargeback on the card, have them fix your ride perfectly back to teh way it was... NEW panels.. no repairs.

then after its all done.... take your car and your money and leave..

do it yourself next time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok..so now im curious... 250 or 400 for an install that takes 11 hours or less....how much are these guys getting paid to install stereo per hour?? dude...i guess that includes wires too but, crap man..

i think i know kinda what happened because it happened to a friend of mine at the local bb. anyways he went in to buy an amp kit so i could install his comp set and his 4 channel amp well he told them what he was going to do (have me do it) and he was just there buying the amp kit. well because it was going to be 6 days before i could do it they told him they could do it for i think 275 so he just let them do it. 6 hours later they pulled his car out of the bay and it sounded awsome it really did but they ended up charging him like 425 or something around that. well they explained to him that the LABOR was 275 and that the amp kit the extra speaker wire to run from the amps to the speakers and an extra set of rca's so lets see the amp kit was like 120 +tax the speaker wire was 24.99 + tax i think and the rca's were like 35 + tax and that adds up to 180 before tax but they also gave him like a 20 persent discount on every thing except the labor. i wonder if thats kinda what happened to you. anyways he also was a dumb a$$ and payed it. all i rember thinking as i listened to it that night was that i wanted to slap him!

well, i cant just get my **** uninstalled then get my money back. they wont do that. im going there tommorrow for the last time. if everything isnt perfect, im charging back my card.

so, i went to get the **** **** replaced. and all they did was replace the power wire. and i think he didnt even run a whole new wire, just cut and spliced. i was so pissed. i talked to the store manager, but he wasnt much help. all he could do was get me another appointment. but this time its with the install manager not the dumbass kid.
Iwould of instisted on replacing the wire who is to say the heat didnt kill the wire somewhere under the insulation further up the line.

from few of your post i read, go back to BB and demand a FULL refund as they not only ****ed up the install, but the equipment as well.

they quoted you 200, not 400. and you step up and stand by that

if your familar with the law, i would personally try to sue them and let them know i would if things dont work out as it was suppose to.

and yes it is possible to get ur money back from ur CC. i have bank of america and i talked to them about my situation thru ebay stuff and they said i can always take back my money that was used on my card anytime, anyday. no limited time either.

you have to relocate the factory deck in newer gms, because they felt like being smart and intigrating features into them.... like the gay door chime that people think they need... also in the newer impalas, they made it so if you remove the factory deck the airbags will not deploy in an accident.

that is why GM is gay. and why you have to pay an extra $160+ to get a HU installed

i would stand in a mixture of rain, sleet, and snow in 30 degree weather out side with only the car as protection from the weather to install it myself before i let anyone else get there hands on my equipment.

i did my componets and 4x6's with a 4 channel amp and all the wires in the winter. i had it working in 5 hours, with alot of breaks to run inside and warm up.i had to do some final tuning the next day but it for **** sure didnt take 11 hours. its worth installing **** yourself because you learn so much more.

sorry about all that you went through with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.