I just ordered my system and need opinions!

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
I just ordered 2 alpine dual voice coil (300 rms) type R's, a crunch 1000 watt amp to push the subs, a sony xplod cdx-ca650x deck, and an angled dual 12in. box for my firebird to face them backwards! I would like to no your opinions and what kind of speaker wire gauge should i use or need? Plus it is a four channel 250 watts per and i was wondering about wiring and do I have to buy a kit to install my deck and amp.

you'll need a kit for the deck and amp. lightning audio makes excellent amp kits and in different levels for budgets. a good shop will have them. go to walmart for the deck kit.

it all sound good as far as your choices go. my brother in law has two ground zero 12's is a sealed box facing back in his 86 firebird. they are pushed by a pg m50 and he hits HARD!

good luck on yours!!

I run 2 crunches, a 400 watt and a 600 watt on an 8-gauge wire, and I've never had problems with dimmed headlights or anything.

I hope I dont either thanks for the knowledge i love it.

Oh anyone know where to find an adapter for a deck to fit it into a gm car!

if i was to go with anything from alpine i would go with the Type R's. they sound awesome and ive heard a lot about them. and one of my friends knows a bunch of people that love their Type R's. but if you could you should find a kove dealer somewhere in the midwest. they have only been around for 5 years but they make some of the best speakers the best price....plus most of their subs come with a 2 year warranty and 3 on any armaggedon you buy. but with those alpines youll be bumpin fo sho.

I got my GM deck plate and adapter plug in a kit by Scoche from Wally World. It has everything you need to hook up your deck. Don't worry about the deck plate sticking out from the dash like it does, it has to be like that to add for clearance from the deck to a safety bar behind the deck.

Be sure to get 2 sets of RCAs, if not kits, to hook up to your deck before installing so you don't have to take it all apart again.

I reccomend using a 4 guage power wire from the battery to the amp and be sure to have an inline fuse (same amp as the amp fuse) about 18" - 2' from the battery. 10-12 Ga. speaker wire.

As for wiring the subs, series the coils on each sub together and parallel the subs two together (4 ohm load) and of course, wire it to your amp mono bridged.

You'll probably need to upgrade your alternator to a higher amp like 130-140 to get the most from your amp. You can get one for a little over 100 bucks and its the best investment you can make towards your charging system. It beats a cap all to hell, although adding a cap will further the benifits.

Only other thing you may want is a lowpass crossover. A good one will do quite a bit better than the amp's x-over at cutting out higher frequencies and will make the amp a lot more efficient at creating power in the low range, putting more power to your subs for creating bass.

I noticed a big difference when i hooked up an Audio Control sub x-over. The bass was more clean, tight and louder than when I only had the amp's x-over working.

Thanks alot so i need 4 gauge amp wire and 10 gauge speaker wire and a hu adapter i can get at walmart. Thanks i will look into the alternator and in line fuse thanks.

what is the point of these questions? why are you asking other people how the system you have sounds. why dont you get off your fat ass and go listen to it yourself

Look ******* if you could read you would no i just ordered my *** **** system and havent got it in yet and i wanted opinions so screw your unregistered ass I post on this site everyday and you come and attack my for no blaten reason you arent good enough for me this site or anyone else who post here!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.