i just orderd 2 of these today

Wasnt Zapco the one that had the birght ass orange basket? Horrid lookin color.lol
Yes.
And my bad, Korea then. My point wasn't which continent they were coming from, but that they are all coming from the same manufacturer. If you are wondering what this AB will do, it has many close relatives that would give you a very good indication of its performance abilities.

I do assume however that there can and probably are subtle differences between the various brands using these drivers, at least in the soft-parts/suspension.

Yes.
And my bad, Korea then. My point wasn't which continent they were coming from, but that they are all coming from the same manufacturer. If you are wondering what this AB will do, it has many close relatives that would give you a very good indication of its performance abilities.

I do assume however that there can and probably are subtle differences between the various brands using these drivers, at least in the soft-parts/suspension.
Yup, I doubt the AQ's spiders will seperate during play as one of my Konaki's did before I epoxied it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Audio Que took there "Digital Designs" inspired design to a build house over seas. A large part of this was because DD's production has been increasing and had less time to build subwoofers for AQ. As soon as AQ has there products being fully built in Asia you get new subwoofer lines from a few other companies that deal with the same company. Konaki, American Bass, Zapco, & SPL Dynamics. And just for future information, I believe that the build house is located in South Korea...(The same company that builds amps for DD, AB, SPL Dynamics, AQ, & Zapco!!)
It truly is a small world over in Asia !!

WOW, DD and Audioque truly got bent over with giving there design to that build house. I wonder if they new by doing so that the Korean build house would just whoore out the design given to them by DD. Either way companies can can have the same motor and framed sub but that doesn't mean that the soft parts will be as good as DD's or Audioque's. Wonder if DD can take any type of legal action against the build house?

WOW, DD and Audioque truly got bent over with giving there design to that build house. I wonder if they new by doing so that the Korean build house would just whoore out the design given to them by DD. Either way companies can can have the same motor and framed sub but that doesn't mean that the soft parts will be as good as DD's or Audioque's. Wonder if DD can take any type of legal action against the build house?
IIRC DJ decided to not spend the extra money so that the buildhouse could only build this sub for him. He said something along those lines.

Was I the only one who saw Chad's thread with pictures of these from CES? lol

Honestly, it probably doesn't matter if these other company's "copied" the build style for the HDC's, Dj is probably going to sell alot more just because of price alone.

Not to take anything away from your AB's bro. Nice pickup with those subs. I wonder if theyre the HDC's with the BTL's frequency response lol

Yes.

You were right the first time, China. They are pretty much all the same with different dustcaps. Either way, good luck and hope they perform well for you.

im pretty sure there is minor differences between the motors that play a role in how they perform like cooling and actual size. does anyone know what the weight of the aq,ab,konaki and other brands mags are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.