I just installed these...

thevic24
5,000+ posts

my silence is deadly...
And it comes back with this a week later....

People need to learn to drive!!lol

tirebubble.jpg

That is one of the biggest bubbles in a tire that I have seen....

What causes that?
The inner layer of the side wall cracking and letting air psi in between the layers.

This usually happens from hitting a curb or hole or something like that. Thou, there are usually other signs of hitting something. Usually there would be some kind of marks on the rim, the other side wall and sometimes on the tread it self.

They (customer) came in complaining about a vibration but would not admit to hitting anything. There was a mark on the inside edge of the rim so I know they hit something.

I have another job coming up....an IS250 that someone stole the wheels off of and left it sitting on the ground. The owner had a tow truck bring it in and let me tell ya, that tow truck effed up the under side of that car. I will get some pic when I start the job, tomorrow or Monday.

Just taking care of the "safety" items, his parts bill came to just over 4k and about 13 hours of labor.

Come to find out the IS owner has no insurance or license so all out of pocket $$$.

The inner layer of the side wall cracking and letting air psi in between the layers.
This usually happens from hitting a curb or hole or something like that. Thou, there are usually other signs of hitting something. Usually there would be some kind of marks on the rim, the other side wall and sometimes on the tread it self.

They (customer) came in complaining about a vibration but would not admit to hitting anything. There was a mark on the inside edge of the rim so I know they hit something.

I have another job coming up....an IS250 that someone stole the wheels off of and left it sitting on the ground. The owner had a tow truck bring it in and let me tell ya, that tow truck effed up the under side of that car. I will get some pic when I start the job, tomorrow or Monday.

Just taking care of the "safety" items, his parts bill came to just over 4k and about 13 hours of labor.

Come to find out the IS owner has no insurance or license so all out of pocket $$$.
I want an IS 250 that I can pay cash for everything on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I want an IS 250 that I can pay cash for everything on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Meh...

go for the IS350, much better...

The IS owner did seem a tad shady.... I will post the pics when I start working on it.

A bubble like that is from the steel belts separating. Its most common on the sidewall like seen above, because the sidewall has fewer layers of belts. Usually these bubbles are from trauma impact, but Ive seen tires bad from the factory that do this without any incident to cause it. If its only been on the car a week, I would consider it possible the tire was simply defective.

Ive seen a larger bubble than that, on the tread of the tire not the sidewall, and my brother drove it like that for 3-4 miles. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.