i have witnessed car audio black magic

jaygeorge1979
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok, maybe i am exaggerating...but im getting such a headache trying to figure this out so im gonna hope its something simple and stupid and let you guys explain it to me....

my friends amp is the KAC 746 4 channel amp....in his car, ALL running off of this one amp, are two orion 12" subwoofers, 2 MB quart tweeters, two 6x9inch speakers, and two 3.5" in dash speakers....this is a total of 8 drivers, ALL of which are connected to this amp one way or another....

on the B side, two channels are bridged and hooked up to the subs...so, this knocks out two channels, and two of the 8 drivers...

on the A side of the amp, there are two speaker wires running to each terminal...i.e., a total of 4 pairs of speaker wire running to the two remianing channels...the wires run from here into nothingness, i couldnt follow them without taking multiple panels off...

now the only logical explanation is that the wires splice somewhere and that each channel on the amp is running three speakrs (one tweeter, 6x9, and 3.5" each)....BUT wouldnt this show a 1ohm load to the amp? this amp isnt rated down to 1 ohm, only 2....even so, its not very powerful (50 watts x 4 @ 4ohm)....

so my math tells me that the subs are running off of 50 watts a piece, which doesnt seem enough for orion subs rated at 400-500 watts....but they still get pretty loud! so do the other speakrs...but the amp never overheats, even on long road trips....no matter how loud up the volume goes...how can this make sense?

i plan on taking the care apart this weekend to figure out how it is all wired together...i cant wait that long to know...can someone please tell me any way this is all possible?

does the bottom of this amp say 666 on it or stable at 666ohms or somthing to that effect... look for anything such as "manufactured my satan and/or hitler amp company" things like that may be a tip off..... but seriously.... did hee buy it new or used? maybe if used sombody modded it... cuz i dont see how this works.... at all

hey how can u mod a amp i have a kenwood and a mtx that i might want to mod sorry for thread jacking also that is weird it probably is modded

I will bet you the deck is running the 3.5" speakers, or the tweeters. The amp is only running 2 speakers on each channel with double wires, thus those 2 channels are running at 2 ohm stereo each. Makes sense to me.

hey how can u mod a amp i have a kenwood and a mtx that i might want to mod sorry for thread jacking also that is weird it probably is modded
You ask how to mod an amp, then state that one he mentioned is probably modded. Lurk more, post less.

I will bet you the deck is running the 3.5" speakers, or the tweeters. The amp is only running 2 speakers on each channel with double wires, thus those 2 channels are running at 2 ohm stereo each. Makes sense to me.
what about the 6x9's also im asking how can i modd my amp im saying that it is probably modded because how can it not overheat running 2 subs and the 6x9's

what about the 6x9's also im asking how can i modd my amp im saying that it is probably modded because how can it not overheat running 2 subs and the 6x9's

its a 4 channel amp. He could run 6x9's and another pair off of 2 channels, and the subs off of the other 2 channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.