I have to agree... EDEAD SUX...

anyone tried a spray ahesive? then put the edead ont othat? I dont think it will fall off after that.
That wont help

the heat will transfer through the spray adhesive and the aspahlt will still melt.

Thanks would like using spray adhesive to adhere water to a wall...

ANT

That wont helpthe heat will transfer through the spray adhesive and the aspahlt will still melt.

Thanks would like using spray adhesive to adhere water to a wall...

ANT
How about edead v1se properly applied, then covered with a good thick coat of Spectrum??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I'd hope it would stay on there, otherwise I'm gonna have to make some odd ass patches...

i cleaned eveything with goo gone and used a heat gun in about 70-80 degree weather, sticks really good. I put it to far out on my trunk lid and it was breaking the seal so I had to take some off and it took a lot to get it off.

note: wear gloves when applying it.

How about edead v1se properly applied, then covered with a good thick coat of Spectrum??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
I'd hope it would stay on there, otherwise I'm gonna have to make some odd ass patches...
That would only make it come off faster.

Added weight.

ANT

ANT, I'm gonna call you tmr to discuss plans about my upcoming project. I plan to do my doors/trunk/possibly rear deck. I was thinking about doing 1 gal. of Spectrum for the doors & 1 gallon of Spectrum Sludge for the trunk & trunk lid. Would this be plenty to cover everything thouroughly or should I get one more gallon of Spectrum Sludge just to be sure and have a good bit left over for a future project? The extra gallon would be added in case I wanted to do the rear deck as well.

Edit: my car is a '98 Honda Civic Coupe, so it has a medium sized trunk area.

ANT, I'm gonna call you tmr to discuss plans about my upcoming project. I plan to do my doors/trunk/possibly rear deck. I was thinking about doing 1 gal. of Spectrum for the doors & 1 gallon of Spectrum Sludge for the trunk & trunk lid. Would this be plenty to cover everything thouroughly or should I get one more gallon of Spectrum Sludge just to be sure and have a good bit left over for a future project? The extra gallon would be added in case I wanted to do the rear deck as well.
Edit: my car is a '98 Honda Civic Coupe, so it has a medium sized trunk area.
Using 1 gallon for both doors would be ideal (better than most do) however a gallon for the trunk lid would be overkill. 1/2 gallon would be great. Some of my customers use a full gallon on the trunk lid and get AWESOME resutls, but you end up adding about 11 lbs to the lid. Its Nuts!

call me up

ANT

So? Just replace the lid with a racing one that's 40 lbs lighter than the stock trunk lid. Then add 11lbs of deadener and you're still ahead 29 lbs. =p

edeadn v1se or whatever stupid thing they casll it is crap imo

there is not even distribution of glue... when it isnt even adhering to the paper backing there is a problem

too bad SS prices are through the roof.... dynamat extreem can be had for half the price online if im not mistaken

if they cut there price in half that would be 200 in sales just from me...

well im never using eDead again... earlier tonight, i spent about 30 minutes pulling a huge chunk of deadener out of my door, and now my window is covered in tar gunk

SS is thru the roof, but bstock under prod specials is good stuff and its just as good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif i know, i have a pile of it sitting under my desk waiting for install.

ok well what about this. if you used edead ONLY on the floor and other surfaces where gravity ISNT an issue, like floor and whell well especially??? then use SS on doors and roof. i have a hatch, so in a way its good i dont have to put edead on the trunk lid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.