I have THIS amp, what speakers can i get?

sifsilver
10+ year member

I'm trying to upgrade my car's speaker system from stock. I have this amp already from a while back:

Lanzar 2-channel 950-watt High Power MOSFET Amplifier | Overstock.com

I was wondering if I can possible get in components in the front and coaxials in the back.

I have a 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback, but I have no idea where to start.

I like Kicker and Alpine, i heard them at bestbuy. I'm willing to spend $$$ if the speakers are worth it, but obviously they have to fit well with my amp.

Thanks!

Take your time and read up at bcae1.com for some car audio basics. what you see at best buy isnt necessarily garbage but a lot better can be had for way cheaper or the same price. be patient so there wont be a second time that you build your system. buying used is also an awesome way to go with car audio but like i said read and know before you take a gamble. Also you should toss the amp on craigslist. only the opti line of lanzar is worth touching these days.

I've been trying to sell the amp forever... No luck, thats why I thought I'd use it. You don't think I can run a decent speaker system with this amp?

You don't think I can run a decent speaker system with this amp?
It'd probably be for the best if you didn't try to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Listen, man. You can buy a decent amp for $150 or so. Try to find yourself an MB Quart DSC4125. They pop up in the classfieds pretty regularly, and you can power a pretty nice little system with one. That'd be a WAY better starting point...

lanzars (minus old school opti's) are good for making money off of ignorant rednecks or ghetto trash. or powering led strips under the seats of your uber cool rice burner with fartpipe added.

in all honesty, there is very little of the new kicker equipment that i would run, they have some really nice older pieces but the new stuff just isnt that great,

like misfit said, look into that elemental, or a mb 4125, those will make you more than happy,

dont buy something just because it has a name on it, names dont mean a **** thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.