I got my P880PRS!!! Bleh............

SQ Monte
10+ year member

SQ>SPL
Well, UPS delivered as promised so of course I opened it up to check out the goods. Beautiful deck, although the screen seems a bit smaller than I anticipated. I could have sworn that I had read somewhere that the knobs were retractable......they aren't. And the face protrudes a good 1/2 - 3/4" from the trim ring. The screen, not an issue, im sure it'll be just fine and look very nice once I fire it up. The knobs, kinda bummed about them not being retractable, but not a big deal. The face, I just hope my flush mount kit absorbs some of it's protrusion cause that's just crazy how much it sticks out. The remote is awesome, I thought it was gonna be kinda large like the one on my Alpine was since it's the same shape, but it's suprisingly small which was a pleasant suprise. All in all, so far so good, except for the face protrusion, I wish Pioneer had figured a way to have it a bit more recessed, even if only by 1/4".

Shut ur mouth and go get pictures!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You want pics of an uninstalled deck? I'm waiting to install it until I get all the wiring I need for my system so I can run everything right then and there.

shouldn't have trouble selling it, get something you'd be more happy with
This is probably one of the best head units under $400, no way am I going to sell it. It's got way too many features for the protrusion to be a big deal. Since I'm using a flush mount install kit, i'm hoping that it won't be so obvious once it's installed.

I cant imagine he would sell it to get a deck with a more recessed face. He doesnt say he wants to sell it.......
EXACTLY!!!!

I was just sharing my initial thoughts of the deck and pointing out a few things about it.

The real question here is: how does it sound???
Better than your Eclipse:p: j/k
Once I get it installed I'll post up my take on it. BTW, I've always liked how the Eclipse head units sound, but they have yet to make an affordable deck that looks as good as it sounds, IMO.

So I went to pioneers site to look at the features and check this out:

Auto-Flap Motorized Face

Loading a CD into the Auto-Flap Motorized Face is actually fun. Push the OPEN button and the motorized face plate slides out of the way to expose the CD slot, and back again when the CD’s loaded. Just for fun, do it again. And when you leave the vehicle, the face can go with you. Just push the OPEN button, pull the face toward you, and pop it into the included face case. And out you go. Another advantage with this design: the face protects the CD slot from dust.

HAHA that's stupid... it's like speakers touting their grills (audiobahn)... anywho

I love pioneers simplistic features and overall ease of use hopefully this 880 will stir up enough attention to get me to try it over a eclipse CD7000.

Well my price on the eclipse and pioneer are both silly cheap but guess I'll have to flip a coin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SQ Monte

10+ year member
SQ>SPL
SQ Monte
Sacramento
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date