anyone with flip out monitor in crown vic?

spencer321
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
palm bay
i really want to do indash video in my crown vic but i have an 01 and the ac ducting won't allow me to do a double din even though i have a double din face, however there is a lip above the radio and im not sure whether or not a flip out monitor will hit it or not if i install the single din unit on the bottom side of the double din opening... so curious if anyone has any experience in in dash videos for vics

Ive seen it done in those CVs, only problem is you have to have the radio come out the dash a little bit for the flip out monitor to clear that lip above the radio.

ive got a double din in my car, all i had to do was take a heat gun to the ac duct for a couple minutes and mold it out of the way with a 2x4

carpicsvid003.jpg

you have to mount it out from the dash a bit, my friend has the same problem
i figured as much, the only things i've found that looked like they would work are the in-dash monitors that don't swing up front the top of the unit but actually push out and hinge so that the bottom of the screen is even with the bottom of the unit... only problem is they are monitors only so then i would have to wire up a DVD player and a headunit on top of the eq i plan to run, the front of the my car would look like an entertainment center

i don't mind fabricating my own spacer to mold into the dash kit, im fairly confident i could make it look like it was supposed to be that way, im decent with fiberglass and bondo and even the ABS plastic /acetone mix

I have my double din in my 99 grand marquis right now. I need to grab a heat gun tonight and see about it. It isn't the A/C that is in the way. It's the defroster vent that blows on the windshield. You just gotta heat it up and mold it like he said. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old thread, but what ev.

it maybe an old thread, but i still haven't picked out a headunit! so if you do it post pics and let me know, i'd love to run a double din if i could

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.