i get get it loud enough

blue eyes
10+ year member

ok help me out here guys i have an older truck i did not want to pull the old hu out so i installed it under the seat (pain in the a$$ btw) and now i turn it up to like 23 on my hu and it cuts out should i run a larger pwr and gound to make up for the length a buddy of mine gave me a wire kit that should do it he said but it has small 18g wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/violent.gif.ccf64f7a34b20886d220db2fbff36f3b.gif

I assume you are talking about an amp under the seat. Even though the way you worded it makes it sound like you put the H/U under the seat. Anyway, 18G power and ground is too small for any amp...

ok help me out here guys i have an older truck i did not want to pull the old hu out so i installed it under the seat (pain in the a$$ btw) and now i turn it up to like 23 on my hu and it cuts out should i run a larger pwr and gound to make up for the length a buddy of mine gave me a wire kit that should do it he said but it has small 18g wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/violent.gif.ccf64f7a34b20886d220db2fbff36f3b.gif
Cuts out how? Power or sound?

yeah my hu is under my seat just te face sticks out it is sweet:D like i said pain in the butt my sound cuts off i dont have an amp hooked up to my door spekers yet

speakers wired right? could be the head unit cant handle a low ohm load. also check your ground, and make sure to sand the metal until its very shinny. bad ground is my quess

sorry bill it stays on just no sound and i want to keep my truck lookin stock although she aint i just started the audio part on her i ve been doin motor work i will try to get some pics up for yall it is my one day off from work so yall make sugg.. i run out side and try it lol (the wife aint here to bug the hell out of me)

sorry bill it stays on just no sound and i want to keep my truck lookin stock although she aint i just started the audio part on her i ve been doin motor work i will try to get some pics up for yall it is my one day off from work so yall make sugg.. i run out side and try it lol (the wife aint here to bug the hell out of me)
Is the radio bolted down or is it flopping around? Make sure it's mounted solidly.

bill i was wrong it does turn off and come right back on sorry could not see it haha i double checked my gound it is good so i am gonna pull all the wires out and start from stage 1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif i am goona go on and run 14g wire thanks yall hey does fishercustoms make good boxes?? we have been talkin about one for my truck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.