i cant believe im going "coaxil"

HERETIC
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
miami
i wanted to put a nice starter system in my sisters 2004 exterra but she doesnt want all the amps and subs and stuff. so, my only option is coaxil and cd player- thats it. i dont have any experience with coaxils. do thay make coaxils with good bass? i know in stock cars the factory speakers are designed to play low bass, midbass, and highs all in one speaker. do they make a coaxil that has low bass and good midbass out there?

There are quite a few sets of components out there that offer a coaxial mounting option. Im not sure off the top which do but im sure if you searched for it you could find them

cool i checked the site again- they actually dont look too bad. never listened to any of cadence's stuff- funky looking speakers though!!!!

i remember back in the day coaxils didnt produce much bass at all- any other suggestions

Check the cadence site and or ebay. They make very good quality products IMO, many others will agree.

you think those cadence's will have the most bass? i listened to some bostons but they sounded very detailed but lacked bass.

the reason i keep babbling about bass is i dont want to lose the bass the factory speakers already have. i want to match the same bass output but sound better with the new coaxils

I've never heard Cadence, but I trust Req's judgement.

The only Coaxials I've had experience with are the JVC "Bronzies". They're kinda expensive now, especially for Coaxial and JVC, but they impressed the hell outta me attached to my bro's Pioneer 2500 and in stock door locations.

i got it run some image dynamics chameleons- they have a coaxil mount. i talked to dan at id and he said they have very good midbass. currently i have a eclipse pa4212(135x2@4ohm) that thing has a low pass filter.no high pass, and fullrange. should i get the 2 or 4 ohm version for the chameleons?

I GUESS IM GONNA RUN ID CHAMELEONS INT HE FRONT AND THROW SOME 6X9'S IN THE BACK- im gonna try to put the tweets in the factory A pillar location- and run the 6x9's off the head unit. im gonna power the chameleons off a eclipse pa4212 (135x2@4 ohm)- gonna order the 2ohm chameleons so i can get 200 rms from the pa4212, it's rated at 200@2ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.