I cannot for the life of me rid my alty whine....please help.

ill try grounding the rca's of the midranges (speakers the noise is most audible through).

just secure a wire to the outside prongs of the rca and run it to a secure ground...?

now do i need to ground both end?

the monster cables i have had a piece of wire coming out of the insulation and i didnt hinkmuch of it. perhaps it has something like you mentioned built in and i should try groundign that wire? i cut it hella short, but im sur ei can open the insulation and find it...
Thats not grounding the RCA cable, thats an extra cable included in monster cables for remote on (at least if its the same monster RCA cables I have)

just searched for ya, this looks right

How to Ground your H/U's rca's *pics* - Realm of Excursion

Its a ground loop. Theres a differential in potential voltage between the radio and amplifier. That causes the noise. If you just ground them at the same place, that would silence it. Even just a better ground for each RCA would most likely do the trick. It did for me.

Its a ground loop. Theres a differential in potential voltage between the radio and amplifier. That causes the noise. If you just ground them at the same place, that would silence it. Even just a better ground for each RCA would most likely do the trick. It did for me.
ill give this a shot tomorrow and see if it fixes it

i get another seperate noise that comes and goes sometimes. it sounds like buzzing computer sound almost......its weird. wish i could record it...

ill try grounding the rca's of the midranges (speakers the noise is most audible through).

just secure a wire to the outside prongs of the rca and run it to a secure ground...?
NO, don't do the above. That would be a problem. If you want to ground the RCA, you need one with shielding that's designed for grounding. (Then you only want to ground one end of each). Since you mention that you've covered your ground connections, what is the quality of your RCA interconnects? Twisted pair work well for noise isolation. On your ground connections, if you haven't done so already, make sure to scrape away all paint and primer, and when possible, use a bolt, star washer, and nut. You can use an accurate DMM to check any resistance in the grounds. Just a few suggestions. These type of issues can and sometimes require several different steps to troubleshoot. Best of Luck.

NO, don't do the above. That would be a problem. If you want to ground the RCA, you need one with shielding that's designed for grounding. (Then you only want to ground one end of each). Since you mention that you've covered your ground connections, what is the quality of your RCA interconnects? Twisted pair work well for noise isolation. On your ground connections, if you haven't done so already, make sure to scrape away all paint and primer, and when possible, use a bolt, star washer, and nut. You can use an accurate DMM to check any resistance in the grounds. Just a few suggestions. These type of issues can and sometimes require several different steps to troubleshoot. Best of Luck.
rca interconnects are monster, stinger, and RF.....all ground spots are sanded and bolted. all other power/grounds are secure as hell.

i'll try the dmm to check ground resistance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.