I bet you cant figure this one out!!!

treiber67
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, so ive recently installed a daily driver into my buick lasabre.....pretty much all knock off stuff yes i know im being shunned right now. Since installing my boss phantom 5000 watt....which did suprise me as to what it can do to two 15 inch cvr's ive been having issues with having to put new ones in which is stressing me out. Everytime i have it going for two to three days at a time something goes wrong with the rca's on the amplifier the outputs them selves. One the first amplifier it cut the bass in half, i got a replacement two days later the rcas dont work period. I dont have a volt meter or else id test it that way but im going to be getting another replacement boss phantom 5000 asap. Heres the thing waht would cause issues with the rcas internally on the amplifier to go out? Not enough volts from the subwoofer out-put from deck, ground wiring from chassie isnt big enough...Has anyone ever had similar problems with amplifiers? Its pissing me off, its not the amp its self i believe it has to do with the installer "myself" and what ive used to hook this system up with.

4ga wiring kit "knock off" prolly more like 6ga

y-splitter from subwoofer output because its one of those garbage touchscreens with a single output lol.

i do have a second pair that ive already tried to connect two and from deck to amp.

Man, I don't even know where to start.

But, just trying to be helpful here... are your amps securely mounted as to prevent tugging on the rca's? And honestly, boss is absolutely horrible. The build quality is worse than audiopipe, but at least AP will do closer to rated power. And yes, undersized wiring is a big problem.

That boss amp isn't terrible, it's good for 1500w, but then again build quality comes into play. Maybe something defective in the source unit? You might just be frying the amp from ****** wiring and no secondary power source (extra battery)

Rca's have plenty of lee way, i was just wondering if the ground isnt good enough to and from the amp would it cause it to pull from the rca grounds inside the amplifier. As for the output on the boss phantom 5000.1 at 1ohm.....lol its crazy to think that a 130 dollar amp will put out 1500 rms+++ i had a kicker kx1200.1 pushing these awhile back and to be honest the boss is making them it harder.

As for the amps efficancy....very good, i can have this thing hitting lows at the stop light and it wont go lower than 12.4 i was amazed i. I have a volt meter installed.

Stock 140amp alt

new battery...nothing special.

You need a volt meter. I bet you are getting a lot more voltage drop in the rear id recommend 1/0 even if you don't get a better amp

hehe....you are correct sir, i was just so excited to get everything in. Now was for it being mounted i was going to do double sided velcro to the amp then to the floor. It cannot be mounted to the back of the seat due to me removing it to get twice the sound....screw the peeps in the back its all about me! is the double sided velcro a no go?

Well, it not being mounted is more than likely the reason your killing the amps. It doesn't take much to take out the inputs. A slight bump against something, etc. My recommndation is to not use velcro and try and find a way to use screws to attach it to something solid.

As long as you check and can see that there is nothing right below where you are drilling. I have see many times where people drill right into their gas tanks.
Yeah I drilled right into a fuel pump my first time installing and it was costly and could've been deadly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.