I am torn on which subwoofer(s) should I choose so help me decide!

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
I am so unsure on which would perform better.. I want to have some bump in my explorer, I wanna get loud, but still get some SQ..

I used to have 2 15" Fi Q with only 600 watts to each, they were pretty loud.. This set up is gone, now I am debating on which set up do I want..

(2) 10" BL with round wire coil and cooling option

--OR--

(1) 15" RE MT fully loaded

which one is going to bump some more?

I really like the idea of 2 10's because they wont require that big of box and they can handle so much power, maybe 2k to each..

1 15" is nice also since it can handle 3k or so alone easily.. But it probably would require a 4 cuft box..

for 2 10's I will give them a .5 ohm load since they are D2.. and for the MT, I will give it .7 ohm load (D1.4)

any inputs or opinions would be appreciated, thanks

you had the best of the 3 setups IMO.
Porbably so but I really cant have that big of a box again.. It was nice having 2 Qs in back of my x but I could not store anything in the back at all.. It was 7 cuft ported, 3.5 per sub..

And I m positive that there are something else out there that will perform as well but will take up much less space.. Or just downgrade to one 15" and feed it some more power..

But I am really liking the BLs chevyaudio are selling too so like I said, I m pretty much torn.. the price are pretty much the same..

I never had an experience running 10's before so thats why I wanted to see what do you guys have to say about this.. I sure want to have the bumps I had before with 2 15's; maybe some more if possible (dont forget those 15s were ran at approx 600 watts each, I had a 1201.1 JBL amp on them)

hah, as of now it is pretty much a tie...

Anymore inputs?

To be honest, I like 2 10's more, but my only concern is that will it give me the bump that I want? (Like I said before, I have no experience with any 10s so thats why I am kinda unsure)

what about the new AQ hdc 15 with 3 soft spiders and a copper coil made for daily? just tell DJ you have 3.5 cubes to work with and want something that works well for daily he will hook ya up man!! or you could go with A RD audio heavyweight 15 they will work in 3.5 but you need @ least 50in^2 of port area..

Just heard a lot about it and it seems to be a decent sub..

DBDesignsElite is selling one of them for a nice price..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.