i am a ricer w/ muscle

Generally considered the single greatest high-performance engine of the muscle-car era, the first hemi appeared aboard 51 chryslers as a 392 ci but went out of production during the 50s. It was brought back in 1964 as a race engine for nascar and drag racing. the "street" version was the 426ci 425 hp hemi seen in many mopar muscle cars through 71. The reason it is called the hemi, is in reference of the hemi-spherical combustion chambers. the easy way to tell a hemi, is the trademark plug wires disappearing into the valve covers. The new one is a 5.7 which translates to 350 but is really a 352 by the bore and stroke of it. the hemis that were put into the chargers, cudas, roadrunners, challengers, and the lightest of them all, the Hemi dart (consistent 10.70 car out of the factory!!!) the old hemi that was in mikes truck that he is referring to is a 392, from the early 50's, the 528 hemi is an aluminum block for funny cars, monster trucks, and top fuel dragsters, the rest that steve mentioned are all sweet dodge engines, but the only hemis are the 528 and 426, but dodge now offers a 428 crate engine, and all the others he listed are non-hemis. even toyota made a few small v8 hemis!!

Hemis kick ass!!

Originally posted by bumpin_blazer hmmm a 17 year old from my town with a rice nissan not surprising and a charger with a 5.7L new dodge truck engine huh. may i call your bluff on that one sir? b/c i do and i have no reason to believe it unless i see it. seeing as how i've been into the race scene since before you were a freshman in high school even though i'm only two years older than you. may i ask what h/s you go to?? also, if you've been in car shows around austin i would have seen you there and i would know of you especially if you have "6 MTX 12"s being pushed by a lot of power"

adam

p.s.- if you can proove it then my good man please do and i will take back what i said.
ouch!!!!shot down

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif :nono: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cowboy03tx

cowboy03tx
Austin, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
choochooSS