I’m a former woofers ETC employee. AMA

Participant count
  • Participant list
Seems like they have some nice gear on there.. Some BNEW but Old stock as well.. But The Prices are pretty Steep and some are conflicting with MSRP as well?? never understood how they stay in business with theyre pricing of the gear? Pretty Strange

Are all these products actually stocked or drop shipped?
As with all likely questions, this answer will be complicated.
A large majority of products are stocked.
A minority of products they are ACTUALLY authorized to sell(WHICH IS VERY FEW BRANDS) are dropshipped if they are out of stock.
A few other products, they list in stock, because other dealers in Los Angeles have it. There's abit of "horse trading" involved with that.
And a few products they don't actually stock - TOTAL bait and switch operation in this case. BUT they call you, the customer, and claim they are giving you a "Free upgrade" to avoid litigation.Sometimes it's actually an upgrade - Sometimes it's just the same amp or headunit under another packaging by the same parent company.

Does WoofEtc sell returned/refurbished Zapco amps as new?
Dude, they'll pull any kind of crap they can. If the product doesn't have any screw hole marks they'll throw it back on the shelf.
Hopefully someone else asks about return policy and I can explain what kind of HELL they are trying to go thru...

Tell us some of this shady sh*t!
Like how sometimes they charge black customers more for expedited shipping?
Or how the expedited shipping rates are much higher in December?
OR that they make all their employees take Jewish holidays off unpaid in ADDITION to days that fedex is closed, unpaid?
They always put a posting up or have the clerks answering the phone say they were "closed for inventory". Nope, it was a Jewish holiday.
EDIT: I have nothing against the Hebrew faith or the Jewish people as a whole.
I have PLENTY against this specific FAMILY of jewish people.

Seems like they have some nice gear on there.. Some BNEW but Old stock as well.. But The Prices are pretty Steep and some are conflicting with MSRP as well?? never understood how they stay in business with theyre pricing of the gear? Pretty Strange
This is an easier one.
They're not authorized on most brands they sell. I've witnessed them using heat guns to peel off the serial number sticker from certain brands to put on their own. Most notably, JL audio.
They're actually so paranoid about JL catching them that they won't even ship JL to Miami.
So, basically, one guy gets authorized on certain brands. He sells or trades them at small markup to another guy who's authorized on other brands. The horse trading continues.
Let me be perfectly clear, you can't call Kicker or JL with a product you got from woofers and expect warranty. I actually plainly recall calling kicker "pretending" to be whatever customer it was and saying i bought it from the vendor they get their kicker from.
Easy way to tell if they're authorized: Don't call them, call the company that makes the gear. "Do you authorize woofersETC?"
Odds are its a no.
Trust me, you do NOT want to deal with lazy-ass josh and his ******** "Warranty department"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...