Humming/Bumping

Marklorenzo
10+ year member

Hey guys, i recently picked up two 15 inch xtreme subs running on a mosfet bridgeable 600w amp. I have it bridged. One problem i am having is that when i turn down the volume the subs just start humming like crazy. Also when the music is playing it bumps great to the music but every so often it will just start with a techno constant bump. Any Ideas on what to do? Another problem I am having is that i would like to listen to some music where i can actually turn up the volume and not have bass covering it but still have the bass along with the vocals? What should I turn down, I was thinking of just installing a switch to my remote wire and just putting the subs on when i listen to rap etc. Any help would be great.

Thanks

I would say check your RCA cables and see if they are any good. that constant "techno" bump could be from grounded RCAs. the bass coming from the vocals is exactly what it is. There's bass in voices so there's no real way of getting rid of it. what you can do is increase your lo pass filter, but realize that this bass with the vocals is normal because there is natural bass in everyone's voice. if you turn up the low pass to eliminate this, when you play music, your bass will be gone; so leave it be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.