Huge Deadener Comparison

cthedinger
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have purchased several samples of different deadeners over the past few months. I have decided to do a huge comparison with all the deadeners. Deadeners I have are Peel & Seal, eDead 45, eDead 80, FatMat 50 mil, Dynamat Extreme, Second Skin Damp, Second Skin Damp Pro, Audio Technix 60, Audio Technix 80, and RAAMmat BXT II all of which will be included in the comparison.

Deadenerthickness.jpg

PriceComparison.jpg

FatMat and Peal & Seal have a strong odor to them that gives me a headache. Both also have a very thin aluminum layer. I am 99% sure that eDead 45's & 80's "aluminum layer" is plastic. It feels and looks different then other deadener that use a real aluminum. They are also not the thickness that Elemental Designs claims (as you can see above.) Dynamat Extreme, Second Skin Damp, Second Skin Damp Pro, Audio Technix 60, Audio Technix 80, and RAAMmat BXT II all seem to be good quality deadeners so far.

I will not be stating which deadeners I think are the best and which I think are the worst. I will simply be posting the results I get and you can decided for you self. I am open to any test ideas anyone has. The first test I did was a test where I tried to stretch the deadeners. Here are some pictures to show the results. Each stretched sample is placed next to the sample it was cut from in the picture.

2011-06-22140147.jpg

Peel & Seal

2011-06-22135741.jpg

eDead 45

2011-06-22135934.jpg

eDead 80

2011-06-24152701.jpg

FatMat 50 mil

2011-06-22135618.jpg

Dynamat

2011-06-22140310.jpg

Second Skin Damp

2011-06-22140437.jpg

Second Skin Damp Pro

2011-06-22140853.jpg

Audio Technix 60

2011-06-22140755.jpg

Audio Technix 80

2011-06-22140623.jpg

RAAMmat BXT II

Tomorrow as long as everything goes as planned I will be doing an 8 hour long heat test at around 150-175 degrees.

A lot more comparison tests done in the near future.

Just finished the 8.5 hour heat test. Peel & Seal slid a little more than 1/2", FatMat slid 1/4", the "aluminum layer on eDead wrinkles up, all the other samples look great. I have a huge headache from the peel & seal so as soon as it goes away I will edit up the video and post it.

I will have the heat test video up tonight or tomorrow.

Then I will be doing a cold test, which will show how the deadener holds up in the cold.

After that I am not sure what I will do next but I do know that I will be doing several other tests.

The heat test will be nice, considering the AT is going on my roof. I never realizes how hot it was until you take your headliner out and feel the metal. Won't be doing that again.

i'll prolly get a lashing, but i'm always weary of "bias'ism", if you will of tests on products when one of the products tested is so proudly and prominently displayed in the sig. i'm sure its all legit in all...just saying it never "looks" good when doing serious tests.

i'll prolly get a lashing, but i'm always weary of "bias'ism", if you will of tests on products when one of the products tested is so proudly and prominently displayed in the sig. i'm sure its all legit in all...just saying it never "looks" good when doing serious tests.
I am the owner of Audio Technix. I will not say my 60 and 80 mil are the best on the market but I do believe they are the best bang for you buck.

I understand that some people will have there doubts about these tests because I am the owner of Audio Technix but I am not honestly going to cheat the tests if another company does better than I will show that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cthedinger

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cthedinger
Inglewood, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date