HU with built-in docking station for iPhone or iPod?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CZ Eddie
10+ year member

I was looking at the Dual that has a built in docking station for iphone/ipod. I saw it at Fry's and it held my iphone pretty sturdily. I hate cabling and love this idea. But didn't fall in love with the deck overall.

Are there any good decks out there with a similar concept? Whether the iphone stands up like this one, or you insert the iphone into the unit chassis?

It just needs to have a connection so I just pull the iphone out of my pocket and stick it on the head unit. No cabling or anything to fuss with.

Any ideas? Budget is under 2 bills, unfortunately.

jzxqnp.jpg

XML8110 - In-Dash AM/FM/Bluetooth® Ready Docking Station for iPod®

Many decks have rear USB which allows wiring to be concealed into glove box or console. You can fabricate a dock into your console or dash and connect said wire to it.

Not sure how confident you are at custom work.

I'm fairly comfortable with DIY in general, but I haven't seen any good ideas out there to copy and imagination isn't one of my things. I thought about your post today though, and looked around my '99 4runner cabin for a good spot for a dock and don't see anything real convenient. And I'm looking for complete convenience here.

I did find one cool looking deck that might my needs. The Fusion CA-IP500:

But watching the video, I realized that I want to listen to Pandora and I don't think this will let me. Which brings me to another question. Do ANY decks allow you to listen to Pandora on the iPhone?

I'm fairly comfortable with DIY in general, but I haven't seen any good ideas out there to copy and imagination isn't one of my things. I thought about your post today though, and looked around my '99 4runner cabin for a good spot for a dock and don't see anything real convenient. And I'm looking for complete convenience here.
I did find one cool looking deck that might my needs. The Fusion CA-IP500:

only with an AUX jack for a 3.5mm headphone jack really

Looks like the Alpine Pandora deck isn't too far out of my budget.

This is actually going to be more important to me than being able to insert the iphone INSIDE the deck. I'll just have to suffer with cables until future dock-decks are released with Pandora app functionality.

Or figure out some sort of DIY dock method.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.